Another Hidden Menu

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 01:48 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Another Hidden Menu

This does indeed appear to function for v6.1 navs.

How does it differ from the v5.1 screens? It doesn't seem to have anything which would allow disabling the safety features (which is everyone likes about v5.1, right?)

Old 12-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by turk
This does indeed appear to function for v6.1 navs.

How does it differ from the v5.1 screens? It doesn't seem to have anything which would allow disabling the safety features (which is everyone likes about v5.1, right?)
You are right, this is just a diagnostics menu, no override in this menu. Override menu is different and is not available in 6.1, oply in 5.1 or unless you have a custom made dvd (5.1+6.1=hybrid dvd)

Old 12-16-2006, 07:51 AM
Enthusiast

I also have v6.1 and was able to access these menus described in the first entry. It sort of freaked me out to be able to get to these screens. I wanted to push so many of the button but was afraid to.
Not sure what to do with with all these new screens...looked like a lot of ways to mess up your navigation system....or at least reset a lot of things.

It was nice to be able to see a lot more information about the GPS signals.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

I've tried a few times already to access this screen but can not (5.1).

I hit the Display button and alternate hitting the upper and lower left side of the inside frame of the display overlay and nada.

1-2, 1-2, 1-2, three times, four times, nothing...

Anyone else unable to access it? Am I missing somthing? Does it matter if you are moving when you try? I may have been moving.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hamm3r
I've tried a few times already to access this screen but can not (5.1).

I hit the Display button and alternate hitting the upper and lower left side of the inside frame of the display overlay and nada.

1-2, 1-2, 1-2, three times, four times, nothing...

Anyone else unable to access it? Am I missing somthing? Does it matter if you are moving when you try? I may have been moving.
I think the picture above is a tad bit misleading regarding the placement of the "1" and "2". I had to move my finger about half a finger's width toward the middle of the screen. In other words...don't try so hard to push right in the corner as depicted in the picture....cheat a bit inwards.
I hope that helps.

Last edited by thatchrisguy; 12-22-2006 at 06:10 AM.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yep! Helped a lot! Thank you!

Old 12-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

Anyone figure out how to exit the service menu without shutting the car off? I can't seem to find an exit or back button.

Old 12-22-2006, 03:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

Anyone figure out how to exit the service menu without shutting the car off? I can't seem to find an exit or back button.
See last paragraph of message 1

Old 12-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Enthusiast

Just hold down the Display button until the unit resets itself and you're back at the screen where you accept the message that you'll die if you mess around with the NAV while driving....or something like that.

Old 12-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Dazed and Confused

I tried this while running down the highway, and it worked fine. i was a little concerned when i could not get out of the diag screen, but i pressed the display button until it reset, and I was out.

the real interesting thing is that there is a GPS based speedometer built in the navigation diagnostics screen. It confirmed my speedo is overstating the speed by 3 MPH at 60 MPH.

Quick Reply: Another Hidden Menu

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands