Anyone get any freebies/Discounts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 12:21 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone get any freebies/Discounts?

Originally Posted by ryan7up
How the heck did you get that?? That's amazing!!

Dumb luck . My local Honda/Toyota dealer said it would be 3-6 months to get a TCH(Only because I think he wanted me to get the HCH that he was getting for me in a month). So I called a toyota dealer that is near my companies distribution center which is about 6 hours from where I live. The dealership is about an hour and a half from the big city(San Fran) where every dealer has a list of people who want a TCH. This dealer had one coming in 2 weeks with everything I listed and no one had even inquired about getting one from them yet. I put down a $500 refundable deposit and they sent me a signed contract signed by the Sales manager and the rep I was dealing with. That was last Thursday the 18th of May and I should take delivery the 1st of June.

Old 05-26-2006, 01:00 PM
WVGasGuy

My loaded (roof/nav/leather/heated mirrors) TCH came in 5/5/06. $30,589MSRP, purchase price $30,000. Additionally, I get $2600 FED Credit like all of you (in the US) but also $3750 State Tax Credit. Let's see (not counting financing charges and the time value of money to wait for the state tax credits over three years) that's a LOADED TCH for $23,650. I'm getting 37+mpg on the first 2000 miles. I think that's hard to beat

Old 06-15-2006, 09:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

I think I may be getting a free iPod shuffle with mine! Atlanta Toyota.

Bad news though... My TCH has been delayed and it hasn't arrived in port yet. It was actually supposed to be in Atlanta tomorrow. Now, they don't think they'll have it until Monday or Tuesday, which means I won't have it until next Friday.

Old 06-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Camry Hybrid Owner
Smile Re: Anyone get any freebies/Discounts?

Got in with a new dealer in Northern Ohio. For purchasing before the grand opening I got a premier service package which includes free loaner cars, free pickup and delivery, and 1 free detailing a year. (For four years!).
Also paid less than 1k for all maintenance up to 55k miles.
Paid list for the car, (loaded, NAV, Leather, Moon Roof), just over 30K.

Old 06-16-2006, 05:14 AM
WVGasGuy

Also paid less than 1k for all maintenance up to 55k miles.

I'm curious, other than $275 worth of oil changes what else did that buy you?

Old 06-16-2006, 06:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I can't speak for JasperPearl, but there's more to maintenance than that. There's tire rotations every 5K. There are air and fuel filters. Also, it may not seem like much but there are a number of inspections during each maintenance interval. The dealership will charge you an arm and a leg for those. Although I don't think $1000 is a steal, I doubt JasperPearl got ripped off. It's probably cheaper than going ala carte on the maintenance. From the dealer's perspective they have you locked in for maintenances since you've already paid for it.

My dealer has something similar. They give you six free oil changes when you purchase the car. They then sell you a coupon book for more services for around $600. I haven't looked into it. The dealership is a 1/2 hour away and I may just go to the local service station and save the receipts in case I need to prove maintenance is performed.

Old 06-16-2006, 09:09 AM
Enthusiast

My dealer had a similar deal. He said that I would have to be in the area for at least 3 years to get my money's worth out of it, and since I probably won't be here but for a few more months I didnt get it. A friend of mine who has a Prius got the plan from the same dealer though and loves it. He highly recommended it. I think it depends on your situation, but I do agree with Orcrone that its probably not a ripoff, but just a good deal for the dealer because they have you locked in for the maintanance work.

Old 06-16-2006, 10:08 AM
WVGasGuy

I forgot to mention my dealer gives free tires for life if you have ALL your maintenance done there. They do require a yearly alignment. I don't normally need one but with the miles I'm driving this may be a good deal.

Old 06-16-2006, 10:26 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

All vehicles purchased at the dealership where we have our TCH on order come with lifetime free oil changes, free "rentals" during major services, unlimited carwashes at an area carwash chain during the first 3 weeks, full detailing after major services, full detailing on the car's birthday (anniversary of date of delivery), free extension on warranty (from 36 months/36k to 42 months/48k), free one year membership to AAA, free cell phone, and "vehicle accident documentation kit" (including a camera of some sort). I think that's everything...

Old 06-16-2006, 11:16 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My dealer knocked $200 off Lojack and included the first 3 services for free (5K, 10K and 15K oil change/tire rotation) They also filled up my truck and the Camry when I came down to pick it up the next day.

Quick Reply: Anyone get any freebies/Discounts?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands