AWESOME Snow driving!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Newbie and lovin' it!
Talking AWESOME Snow driving!

I have had my TCH for two weeks less than a year, and this is the first time I have gotten to drive in significant snow. This car is phenomenal in snow and crappy winter conditions! I replaced the Bridgestones with some Hankook Optimo 727 tires, so they may be part of the equation, but I cannot MAKE the car slide or drift even if I want to. This car continues to surprise and impress me! I have never been happier with a vehicle.

Last edited by wxman3; 02-01-2008 at 07:30 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: AWESOME Snow driving!

I think the tires play a huge role. I am unhappy with the snow performance of the stock Michelin tires.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Wow, I have the original Michelin tires that came with my 2007 TCH and could not be happier...

Old 02-01-2008, 11:19 PM

My Michelins couldn't make it up my friend's modestly inclined icy driveway. The driveway could only be entered from a slow speed (sharp turn) so you couldn't build up any momentum to attack the hill. His Mercedes and his wife's Suburban didn't have any problems, however.
In any event, I don't want to besmirch the TCH, so I'll blame it on a combination of tires, the entry speed and the hill.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by spiff72
I think the tires play a huge role. I am unhappy with the snow performance of the stock Michelin tires.
So far I have had zero problems with the stock Michelin tires and they have out performed my expectations. That said, I am still going to pick up some snows because I know how good snows are.

Since I used to drive a 4x2 truck with rock-hard all-terrain tires in the snow without issue, the stock Michelins are even better.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Enthusiast

I live in snow country. Last week we had 4 feet. I put winterforce studded snow tires on. I have two four wheel drive vehicles. My TCH performs every bit as good under almost all snow conditions! I only worry about getting high centered.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by jerm1
I live in snow country. Last week we had 4 feet. I put winterforce studded snow tires on. I have two four wheel drive vehicles. My TCH performs every bit as good under almost all snow conditions! I only worry about getting high centered.
What snow country are you from? There are so many of....

Old 02-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Enthusiast

I live in Bend Oregon. I Often take my TCH to our ski area 20 miles away. 6000 ft base elevation.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by jerm1
I live in Bend Oregon. I Often take my TCH to our ski area 20 miles away. 6000 ft base elevation.
Cool. Part of the far west snow country!

Old 02-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Enthusiast

Got my TCH in mid-January. The Chicago area has had a number of significant snowfalls since then and I have to say I've had no problem with my stock Michelins. Today all of the less traveled streets are snow packed and my steering assist hasn't turned on.

Quick Reply: AWESOME Snow driving!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands