Back up Camrea installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 04:38 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Back up Camrea installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

I got it to work! The pins go down alot further than I originally thought but the screen is in black and white, they flicker colour when I move the video+ pin but when they fully focus it's in black and white. Do you have any suggestions of how to fix this?

I've tried moving around the colour and negative pins for hours but it's just not doing anything.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:12 AM
Enthusiast

only 2 suggestions to check on:
#1 - make sure it is a 6v camera and a 6v power being fed to it. I think someone with a 12v camera had reported a problem similar to this in the past
#2 - make sure the wires are soldered to the pins so the connection is failsafe

Old 05-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Enthusiast

I know this is going to sound crazy and illogical to most of those that read this, but I was having the black/white/blurry problem with mine as well. I accidentally broke the part of the connector that I was trying to slide the pins into. The plastic around the corner that houses (or use to house) the slots for the four pins is no longer there. It worked out to my advantage. I was able to plug the connector into the back of the navigation first, and then use a small screwdriver to push the pins all the way in until I felt them clip into place on the back of the navigation. I hope this helps... if you do break it on purpose, just be very careful. I got lucky. I used the reverse light as my power source as opposed to using the navigation.

- Mario

Old 06-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Enthusiast

We just bought a 2013 camry le hybrid, I like to install a back up camrea on it.

is it same as the xle which have NAV unt?

Old 06-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Back up Camera installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

Toyota offers a back-up camera as a dealer installed accessory for $319.00 according to their website, so I'm sure that there is a way to add one on yourself. Because the generation 7 Camry just came out last year, there isn't much information in regards to anyone adding an aftermarket back-up camera to a 2012 or newer Camry. Hope this helps.

- Mario

Old 06-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Back up Camera installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

Originally Posted by Mario81587
Toyota offers a back-up camera as a dealer installed accessory for $319.00 according to their website, so I'm sure that there is a way to add one on yourself. Because the generation 7 Camry just came out last year, there isn't much information in regards to anyone adding an aftermarket back-up camera to a 2012 or newer Camry. Hope this helps.

- Mario

Thank you Mario. I will wait a little while. I don't know if I do that myself will void the warranty or not.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:18 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mario81587
The link for the camera is:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Night-Vision...#ht_4212wt_983

I ordered the trim piece already painted from Toyota from the link below.

http://www.trademotion.com/parts/201...w=21&maxRow=10

I ordered it for a 2011 Camry SE w/Smart Key w/back monitor. It lists all the different color choices. Another option you have is to order the trim piece for the XLE model, which is chrome plated.

Thanks Mario unfortunately listing has been changed. Can you tell us what camera it was so that I can search it and buy. $10 or so is good

Old 07-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Enthusiast

Greetings everyone,

2008 TCH Owner in the Dominican Republic here, I ordered a $20 USD license plate light hole mounted camera, It is 12V so I will be powering from reverse lights, I just want to make sure I get the wiring right.

From what Ive gathered from this entire thread, considering that I am powering the camera from the reverse lights, the two remaining cables that I must connect should be wired as normal where the video wires go, and then jump pins 23 and 21 (Video- and ground) to avoid getting the bad image problem.

Am I correct?

Last edited by dsantana; 07-17-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:26 PM
Enthusiast

Good Evening!

Installed it this morning, and everything went well! I didnt need to jump the aforementioned pins, it worked flawlessly right off the bat.

Thank you so much jagbagri! I wouldntve done anything at all if it wasnt for this thread!

Old 11-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Enthusiast

. Thanks for Describing installation of reverse camera in 07 Camry. I am trying to do same. What I don't get is exactly how you make the 2 video wires fit properly into the R 10 plug. Can someone be very specific on this?

Quick Reply: Back up Camrea installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands