Barcelona Red + Ash Leather

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 08:58 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Barcelona Red + Ash Leather

Does anyone have this combination and have pics to share? I am in line to get this combo (with nav and sunroof) when it arrives at my dealer in the next couple of weeks. I actually like gray interiors, but am thinking that maybe the warmer Bisque interior would look better with the red exterior.

Thanks for any pics or opinions you folks may have.

Old 08-08-2006, 04:33 PM
I don't roll on Shabbos
Default Re: Barcelona Red + Ash Leather

Originally Posted by dalerb
Does anyone have this combination and have pics to share? I am in line to get this combo (with nav and sunroof) when it arrives at my dealer in the next couple of weeks. I actually like gray interiors, but am thinking that maybe the warmer Bisque interior would look better with the red exterior.

Thanks for any pics or opinions you folks may have.
Dale - I've seen the Barcelona exterior up close and I know what the ASh leather looks like from experience. IMHO, go with your instinct and get the Bisque. It's more of a complemetary tone for that paint. Check out the pics on the Toyota Camry website for a general idea of the aesthetics...of course, no amount of screen resolution can do justice to seeing something in person.

1. Go to http://www.toyota.com/camry/exterior.html
2. Choose the "colors" option on the left hand margin (make sure your PC is able to handle Macromedia Flash-type animations)
3. There are two tabs - one for interior and one for exterior. Mix and match them both and decide for yourself.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks Ken. I have seen the Barcelona Red in person and I've seen all the pictures on Toyota's web page. I've just never seen the Red/Ash combination. Allocations of fully loaded Camry Hybrids still seem to be exceedingly small right now, and if I insist on waiting for a specific color combination (my first choice of exterior color would be Jasper Pearl) I could end up waiting indefinitely. The Red/Ash is supposed to arrive sometime between 8/16 and 8/23 and is reserved in my name, so I will probably just go for it.

Old 08-09-2006, 08:30 AM
Enthusiast

I have the Red with Ash. My 1st choice was Bisque, but I couldnt get one. I settled for Ash, and it's ok, but i still wish I had Bisque... only cause my last 5 cars have had GRAY interior, and i am TIRED of it!!!!

(It is a sharp look, and everyone loves it, but if you've had it 5 cars in a row, it gets boring!) I will have to take some pix later and post for you....

Mel

Old 08-09-2006, 08:59 AM
Enthusiast

Ok, there are now some pix in the photo section...

https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/browseimages.php?c=40

Enjoy.
mel

Old 08-09-2006, 09:05 AM
I don't roll on Shabbos

Originally Posted by dalerb
Thanks Ken. I have seen the Barcelona Red in person and I've seen all the pictures on Toyota's web page. I've just never seen the Red/Ash combination. Allocations of fully loaded Camry Hybrids still seem to be exceedingly small right now, and if I insist on waiting for a specific color combination (my first choice of exterior color would be Jasper Pearl) I could end up waiting indefinitely. The Red/Ash is supposed to arrive sometime between 8/16 and 8/23 and is reserved in my name, so I will probably just go for it.
Dale - I was in the same boat as you - not willing to compromise on a specific color/interior or pay above MSRP. I was given an 8 week window at Longo Toyota, which is by far the quickest of any dealership I dealt with. If I may ask, where did you order the car from? If you miss the window for the full tax incentive, will that be a deal breaker for you?

Old 08-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks so much for the pictures Mel. I completely understand your sense of color fatigue. I went through three cars in a row with beige interiors and was mighty tired of it. My current car has a brick/black interior combination (which I love) so my interior color preferences have sort of been reset. I've never had a car with a gray interior, so maybe I should just look forward to that! Thanks again for posting the pictures so quickly.

Ken: My TCH is coming from Toyota of Hollywood. They've been great to deal with and have been quite open about the difficulty of getting certain colors. Apparently they have had a request for Jasper Pearl in every allocation of TCH's delivered to them so far but have yet to receive a single one. I really want to get the purchase wrapped up by the end of August and absolutely don't want to delay until after September 30th and lose the tax credit. Red was my second choice, so I'm sure I'll end up being happy with it.

Here's my Longo Toyota story (apologies to those who are outside of the area and don't care, feel free to skip):
I visited Longo a few weeneds ago (the hottest weekend of the summer so far; it was probably 108° in El Monte). I wandered around the lot a little and scanned all of the Camries but saw no hybrids. I also passed several sales people in Hawaiian shirts taking refuge in any shade they could find. I went into the showroom which is the size of an airplane hangar. The place is so huge they have a Starbucks and Subway Sandwich shop at one end! I went up to the reception desk and told the young lady there that I was interested in the Camry Hybrid. She asked if I would like a brochure and I said yes, but that I would also like to see one in person as well. She handed me a brochure and paged for a salesperson. I stepped a few feet away from the desk and browsed the brochure and waited. After literally 15 minutes of watching Longo employees going to and fro, stopping off to chat at the reception desk and chatting with each other outside under the tiny shade trees, I finally went back to the desk and told the receptionist I was sorry, but I was going to have to leave. She looked at me and asked if I'd like her to page a salesperson. I replied that she already had. She looked at me blankly and asked, "Did I speak with you?". I said "Yes", smiled and showed her the brochure she'd given me. Then I left. Here's the other thing: I am 6'6" tall and happened to be wearing a bright green shirt that day. Yet I was entirely unmemorable to her and apparently invisible to all of the salespeople there.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Barcelona Red + Ash Leather

If you're so luck as to hail from Canada, you have the following choices.

Leather or Fabric Interior (Bisque)

Exterior colors
Aloe green
Frosted Mink Pearl
Jasper Pearl

Leather or Fabric Interior (Ash)

All the other exterior colors

I opted for the "Barcellona Red combo" it's on the boat and will dock in Vancouver in a week or two. Then a 3000 mile train trip to Toronto. If I'm lucky, I will get it before the 2008 models arrive!

At least living up here saves you from agonizing over the color combinations you have in the USA.