Blackberry 9530

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Owner
Default Blackberry 9530

I have a 2007 CHV with factory installed navigation system.
I recently signed with a wireless provider and purchased a Blackberry 9530 "Storm" as my cell phone.
Has any forum member who may have this same cell phone been successful in pairing this phone with the Bluetooth hands free phone feature incorporated in the Toyota navigation system?
If so please post on this forum the method you used and how you were able to accomplish the pairing.
Thank you

Old 05-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Blackberry 9530

I use the Treo.
There is a 'quirk' that can be dealt with by using the workaround. It might work with yours, I am not sure, but it's worth a try.

When you attempt to pair the 700P the pairing completes on the handheld, but the vehicle continues to announce "searching, searching". To complete pairing, ignore the car and go to your handheld phone, press the phone application and make a call. The car will stop "searching" and connect the call. Your handheld is now paired.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Owner

Thanks for the reply
It's certainly worth a try
Next opportunity I get I will see if it works.
Any other possible solutions out there?........Anyone?

Old 05-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Enthusiast

I didn't have any problems in pairing my Storm. Just set the phone and the radio to pairing mode.

BTW- I hate the Storm. It's the worst Blackberry I've ever used...and I've used every Blackberry that Verizon has ever supported.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:32 AM
Active Enthusiast

I just got an Apple I-Phone and it paired up in seconds...the previous phone was a Katana by Sprint...it was difficult to pair up but once it did it worked flawlessly.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ga20646
I didn't have any problems in pairing my Storm. Just set the phone and the radio to pairing mode.

BTW- I hate the Storm. It's the worst Blackberry I've ever used...and I've used every Blackberry that Verizon has ever supported.
My Storm paired without problems too.

I have been happier with the storm as I have been updating the firmware versions with the leaked versions that Verizon keeps rejecting (failing to make them "official"). Not really a fan of the clicking screen though. I see the upcoming Storm 2 does not have this same screen. Typical - they announce/leak rumors about the replacement for a phone within a month of my purchasing it.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Enthusiast

I have the storm on my SE and have no problems. Just pair it like you would with any other bluetooth device

Old 05-25-2009, 07:41 AM
Owner

Thanks to all of you for your responses.
I finally had it with my Blackberry Storm and traded it in on Saturday for a Blackberry Curve. I was still within my 30 day trial period so with the lesser cost of the Curve and the rebates I actually got money back.
I had talked with Verizon technical people and they informed me (rightly or wrongly) that the Storm would not recognize any hands free device EXCEPT a Bluetooth hands free ear bud.
I wasn't that happy with the touchscreen feature on the Storm.
It was balky and not very responsive to operate. So far I like the Curve better
it's lighter than the Storm and easier to operate. I had no problem pairing it up with the Bluetooth hands-free in my TCH and the Bluetooth feature built into my H.P. computer.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by georgie
Thanks to all of you for your responses.
I finally had it with my Blackberry Storm and traded it in on Saturday for a Blackberry Curve. I was still within my 30 day trial period so with the lesser cost of the Curve and the rebates I actually got money back.
I had talked with Verizon technical people and they informed me (rightly or wrongly) that the Storm would not recognize any hands free device EXCEPT a Bluetooth hands free ear bud.
I wasn't that happy with the touchscreen feature on the Storm.
It was balky and not very responsive to operate. So far I like the Curve better
it's lighter than the Storm and easier to operate. I had no problem pairing it up with the Bluetooth hands-free in my TCH and the Bluetooth feature built into my H.P. computer.
VZ people dont know anything. You have two people who own the Storm and Camry's and confirmed it works. Either phone is defective or user error.

The Storm you received has the oldest firmware. There are new leaked firmwares that is beyond better than what it comes with.

www.crackberry.com. Visit their forums and it has everything you want. From leaked OS files, themes and apps.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah I have blackberry storm and I was able to pair it very easy. You have to set the car stereo to pair and then check for a new device on your phone and when it comes up you put in the code that the cars stereo is telling you to put in and your done. you can push the info button then go to phone and settings to go to the bluetooth connection part. The storm also was able to send the whole phonebook over to car in about 2 seconds its very very cool.

Quick Reply: Blackberry 9530

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands