bluetooth compatability

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 02:26 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default bluetooth compatability

I know some people had some issues in pairing their Treo 650 with the TCH, and that problem was solved. Have any of you run into problems with ANY other bluetooth phone and not being able to pair? CNET listed the 24 telephones that Toyota supposedly tested and worked:

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10895_7...ll&o2=#mcw_top

but I am about to buy a new phone that is not on the list
( Cingular 8125 ),and thought it would be great if people chimed in on phones to avoid. Hopefully someone has paired the 8125 successfully (or not) and will let me know that as well...

Old 07-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: bluetooth compatability

Most phones should work fine. Toyota claims full compatability if you use Cingular or T-Mobile. However, I'm using an LG8300 from Verizon Wireless. It pairs just fine.

Old 07-13-2006, 03:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have paired the following Verizon phones to the Camry without problems:
  • Motorola e815 (a great simple phone)
  • Motorola Razr V3c
  • Motorola Q
  • LG VX8100
  • LG VX8300
Of the above, only the Motorola Q could send entries from the phone's address book to the car.

BTW, there is another Bluetooth thread in this forum:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...lity.7197.html

Will Mayall

Last edited by mayall; 07-13-2006 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by jk110
I know some people had some issues in pairing their Treo 650 with the TCH, and that problem was solved. Have any of you run into problems with ANY other bluetooth phone and not being able to pair? CNET listed the 24 telephones that Toyota supposedly tested and worked:

( Cingular 8125 ),and thought it would be great if people chimed in on phones to avoid. Hopefully someone has paired the 8125 successfully (or not) and will let me know that as well...
I have the Cingular 8125, and it paired just fine. It doesn't report the signal strength or battery level on the my Nav display though...

I haven't figured out if there is a way to transfer phonebook entries yet.

Old 07-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

my bad - not only another another bluetooth thread - but one that I have read through and then I named this one the same - sorry!

Old 07-13-2006, 11:09 PM
Enthusiast

I got a Nokia N80 and it's working fine. I guess my only question is on the display of the camry. Is it suppose to show the signal strength? not sure if it does, my camry doesnt have the Navigation screen. Anybody has the same experince

Old 07-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Enthusiast

I have the cingular Sony/Ericsson W600i. It works great with the Camry. All contacts were transferred in a matter of seconds. Call quality has been very good. A couple of times I sat in the car in my garage while the phone was charging upstairs in the house and it still picked it up with a strong signal. For me, this is one of the best features of the Camry.

I do wish that if someone in your phone book calls you that it would have the smarts to show you the name. Not sure why they didn't think of this, but overall very happy.

Old 07-14-2006, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by canibz
I got a Nokia N80 and it's working fine. I guess my only question is on the display of the camry. Is it suppose to show the signal strength? not sure if it does, my camry doesnt have the Navigation screen. Anybody has the same experince
I have the non-nav system. I use Verizon Wireless with an LG8300. As long as the stereo is on it shows the signal strength. If the stereo is off then the display is blank until I go to make or receive a call.

Old 07-14-2006, 06:30 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jk110

You say that the pairing of the Treo 650 and the TCH has been resolved. I am curious as to how it has been solved. I am still not able to pair the 2 devices succesfully. What happens with me is that after I register the phone I get a message on my phone that the pairing has been successful. However; the screen on my TCH does not tell me the same thing. On another forum it was suggested that I originate a phone call using my cell phone which I did. At this point the Blue Tooth picks up and I can hear and speak using the hands free. When I hang up the call and try to pick up the phone again Blue Tooth tells me that there are no paired devices. Am I missing something. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Old 07-14-2006, 06:32 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Yes, I'd like to know how the Treo 650 issue was solved too. Verizon is my carrier and I have a Treo 650 and was really hoping I could pair it with my TCH.

Quick Reply: bluetooth compatability

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands