bluetooth compatability

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: bluetooth compatability

lilarienne - up to triple digits on posts - and you don't even have yours yet! Thought it was solved with the treo - try the following link - it seemed to help some...

http://hyalineskies.com/blog/2005/08...e-lexus-gs300/

Old 07-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have to do SOMETHING while I wait for my car, JK110 .

I'll check that out.

Old 07-15-2006, 08:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

anyone have a sprint phone hooked up yet..if so which one?

Old 07-15-2006, 11:35 AM
Enthusiast

Have a Sprint phone paired up on mine, it's an LG LX350. Works just fine.

Old 07-15-2006, 11:17 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Jabra

Hello folks...I have had the TCH for a few days now and....I'm still smiling.

I had a 94 that I traded in to get the CH, so I am very biased. The 94 gave me so few problems and was incredibly reliable, it was hard to give it up simply because I believed it had another 75K in her.

However the TCH is fantastic....the only bad thing it getting out of this car. LOL You just don't want to. So many handy features. I'll talk about them in another post...

The thing that I can't get working is the Bluetooth. My phone is a Nextel and doesn't have Bluetooth capabilities, so I purchased a Jabra Bluetooth Adaptor (http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/...A210/JabraA210)
which plugs into most cell phones and gives it bluetooth abilities.
I cannot get it to work though....if anyone has, I would appreciate you sharing your knowledge - as would many many other TCH owners.

The one thing I did notice was that the TCH did seem to register the address of a bluetooth device - but I'm not sure if that is itself or the Jabra adaptor.

I will get a new phone if I have to. LOL....I want all this car has to offer. I would rather not get one though.

Thanks in advance.

This is a very helpful forum and I will be posting again soon to report on my TCH and thoughts about it...both biased and non-biased.

Byron

Old 07-16-2006, 08:35 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Jabra

I bought a similar Jabra adapter for my LG VS6100. I could not get it to pair with the Bluetooth.

I called Jabra Tech Support; They said that it would not work with the TCH Bluetooth System.

Call Jabra; if you get different information, please let me know.

Steven

Old 07-17-2006, 01:20 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: bluetooth compatability - Steven

Check out this post

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=9214

It looks like the Jabra 210 sends out a headset protocol VS and hands free protocol. The TCH using the hands free protocol.

I just ordered the sprint LG 350 phone that someone here said they got to work. I was using a nextel, and since they are the same company now, swapping phones (well buying a new one) isn't that big a deal, as I get a discount on it from my company.

I will let you know if it works.

This is one great vehicle though. It seems I've found something new about it every day since I've owned it (barely two weeks)

Byron

Old 07-17-2006, 04:11 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I wish there was a way to merge threads - we seem to have two "bluetooth compatability" threads...

I just have one question - I have found a way to transfer the phonebook entries, but I think there is a problem with the way I have the numbers entered in my phone. It seems that most (if not all) of my entries transfer just the area code. My numbers are formatted like this in the phone:

xxx yyy zzzz (with no hyphens or parenthesis - just spaces between the groups).

Does anyone have any suggestions? My phone is a Cingular 8125 smartphone with Windows Mobile 5. I tried removing the spaces so it was xxxyyyzzzz, but thiss didn't help either.

Last edited by spiff72; 07-17-2006 at 04:13 PM.