Bluetooth send/rcv level adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Bluetooth send/rcv level adjustment

I'd also love those pics/pages for non-nav... and I have a Samsung a900 which I've returned to Bell 3 times for repair because it won't turn on if the car is running (and bluetooth is enabled).

It turns out it's the CAR'S fault... Anyone know how to "reinstall" bluetooth on my Camry?

Old 11-30-2006, 06:06 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scooters
Yes, Non-Nav Info Pleassssseee!

Do you own scooters?

Old 11-30-2006, 01:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

No. Don't own Scooters. My old college roommate called me "Scooter." I tried to logon to a Board once with that screen name and it was already taken. I adoped "Scooters" and haven't found anyone else who has taken it.

Happy Holidays (and back on the thread)!

Old 12-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Recent Hybrid convert

Originally Posted by goldenbob
For non Nav users (like me): I read in the repair manual that you can acess the same information by pressing a combination of buttons on the stereo. If anyone is interested, I could upload the few pages that relate to that.
Repeat from a previous posting (around TG), as it seems a few of us are still interested:

Bob -- from one no-nav owner to another, yes I'll take you up on that offer. Thanks!!!

Old 01-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Enthusiast

I have a Motorola V551. Callers sounded fine to me through the stereo speakers, but the person on the other end said I sounded soft and like I was in a tunnel or a box.

Using the hidden menu setup that was explained in this thread, I seem to have maximized my call transmission quality by tweaking it to level 3. It was set at level 0, which seems to be the default setting. I set it at a higher level, but it reduced sound quality for sound transmission volume.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:21 AM
Enthusiast

I have a Moto Razr and I played around with the settings some tonight - I currently have the "send voice level" at 3 and the voice quality type at 75. I tried the voice quality at 0 (default), 3, 35, 50, 75, and 99, and I have no idea what it does or if any of them are that different, but I left myself a series of voicemails and listened to them and thought that 75 sounded the clearest. As far as send level goes, that was easier to tell: the negative numbers get quieter and quieter, and the higher numbers get louder. +5 was too loud, with some distortion. +3 seemed the best combo of louder and clearer but not distorted.

anyone else? anyone know what the voice quality does?