BT phone was silent

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default BT phone was silent

Today, the phone was silent. I pressed the off hook button as well as the talk button and there was no sound. I rebooted the car and it worked properly. Just wondering if anyone else ever experienced this.
Thanks!

Old 03-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Driving in stealth mode
Default Re: BT phone was silent

I had this happen last night when I left physical therapy for my knee. I was trying to call my parents in Florida. This is just a bluetooth issue not the car I feel. I have had this happen with a headset before.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:47 AM

I wonder if it is because I tried to initiate a call to quickly after starting up the system. Maybe it wasn't fully turned on? Was that your situation?

Old 03-12-2008, 06:16 AM
Driving in stealth mode

No. I had my car on and I knew the bluetooth was connected. I tried several times. I turned the bluetooth off on the phone and back on and that didn't clear it. I had to shut the car down and then turn it back on. Now after saying that it would sound like it was the car, but I had to basically do the same thing with my headset before. Basically I had to power cycle the headset in order to clear up the issue when it happened. Like you state about yourself, I am not expert but just giving an educated guess based off of my experience.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:20 AM
Enthusiast

I have a 2008 TCH; I've been driving it for about a month. What you described has happened to me several times. I have never tried to make a call immediately after starting the car so at least for me that is not a cause. The person I was calling could hear me but there was no sound either from my phone or from the car's voice interface. I've also had 2-3 times when cycling through the radio "mode" when the AM radio was silent, but not the other modes (FM, CD or AUX). The silent AM aspect seemed to fix or reset after cycling once more through the radio modes. The silent bluetooth reception mode seemed to only be "fixed" when the car was turned off and back on.

Don

Old 03-12-2008, 06:25 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Not all handsets are created equal.
My wife's Samsung was awful. I dumped it for a Motorola and what a difference.
My Palm had issues until a ROM update fixed those.
When I was with AT&T I had a Sony Ericsson which was problem free and a joy to use with BT. I miss it.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:01 AM
Enthusiast

You're right I should have mentioned the phone side...it's a Motorola RAZR. I can't prove it but I very much suspect the TCH not my phone.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:26 AM
Driving in stealth mode

Mine is a RAZR too. I should pair my Blackberry 8130 (work phone) and see how it works. I am waiting for my new LG Venus to come in. Once I get it I will let you know if I have any issues with it.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:34 AM

For me it was the Treo (Palm) which has been 100% reliable since the ROM update.
I blame the car, since rebooting it caused the problem to go away.
I know that the BT connection is a bit iffy until the "Welcome to Camry" display (non-NAV) disappears.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:38 AM
Driving in stealth mode

I have the NAV and it shows when the bluetooth connects. I don't have any experience with the Non-NAV (and only 1 week with the NAV), does the vehicle let you know when the bluetooth is connected?

Quick Reply: BT phone was silent

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands