The Camry is inside the New Altima

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 09:52 AM
Enthusiast
Default The Camry is inside the New Altima

I just saw this article about the new Altima. I dont know if this was known but Nissan literally took the TCH and added Nissan badges.

Another interesting fact is that people who purchase the ALtima will get the full tax credit.

http://www.latimes.com/classified/au...-home-highway1

Old 12-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Along for the ride.....
Default Re: The Camry is inside the New Altima

Did you see this line at the end.....

"The Camry hybrid drives a little bit like the world's most sophisticated hearse."

huh???

Old 12-22-2006, 10:32 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mainer

"The Camry hybrid drives a little bit like the world's most sophisticated hearse."

huh???
Well all I can say to that is, if I should get to ride in a hearse then the Camry would be the one I want to ride in.

Old 12-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: The Camry is inside the New Altima

Originally Posted by Mainer

huh???
Woohoo, frugality right to the end, and beyond. Now THAT'S being environmentally conscious.

Old 12-22-2006, 01:34 PM

The best line is this:

Hybrid doubters — who once railed that the batteries were sketchy, the costs of the so-called hybrid premium unrecoverable, the mileage gains overstated, and so on — are beginning to look like the Flat Earth Society.
Hear Hear I love that comment !!

Old 12-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

The interior is terrible.

Old 12-23-2006, 07:48 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

It is going to be really interesting to see how well this does. Just like the Camry the price seams right and the features seam right with even a few more that the TCH. I don't understand why tthe 0-60 time is not better and I don't understand the comment about the gasoline engine kicking in at 10 mph? The Altima inside to me kinda looks GMish to me. Can we say G6?

Old 12-23-2006, 08:05 AM
Malcontent

The HSD components probably cost Nissan more than they cost Toyota so to hit the same price point as the TCH, something has to give.

From its press, Nissan seems reluctant to produce a hybrid, citing their nonprofitability. A company that doesn't believe a product will ever become profitable might be more likely to make compromises in order to limit their losses.

Old 01-01-2007, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by HVMercado
Another interesting fact is that people who purchase the ALtima will get the full tax credit.
Toyota is the only manufacturer that has hit the hybrid numbers to reduce the tax credit. All other manufacturers are still under the 60,000 production.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Squint
The HSD components probably cost Nissan more than they cost Toyota so to hit the same price point as the TCH, something has to give.

From its press, Nissan seems reluctant to produce a hybrid, citing their nonprofitability. A company that doesn't believe a product will ever become profitable might be more likely to make compromises in order to limit their losses.
Nissan announced pricing... at $24,400 - $2350 tax credit, it's $2,850 less than the Camry hybrid ($26,200 - $1300). The Altima appears to have more power, less weight, better city MPG (42 v. 40), and poorer highway MPG (36 v. 38).

Quick Reply: The Camry is inside the New Altima

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands