Camry Trunk Organizer - Who has one?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Enthusiast
Default Camry Trunk Organizer - Who has one?

I've been thinking about purchasing this for when my TCH comes in this month:

It is the trunk organizer which installs inside the trunk lid itself

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=190253309240

The seller mentioned to me that he believes that there is one hole which needs to be drilled for a nutsert. Naturally I do not have any tools for a nutsert installation, either.

Does anyone have this and installed it without drilling or using the nutsert? It really looks like it can make use of some "dead space" to an already small trunk.

Thanks for your comments!

Old 11-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Camry Trunk Organizer - Who has one?

Would your dealer maybe install it for you? If you have a good rapport with your salesman, they might install it for you as part of the prep and delivery when your car comes in. My dealer took the XM receiver out of my trade-in Camry and installed it in the new Camry for me at no charge. It saved me 350 not having to buy a new XM receiver/decoder.

I don't know how much it would cost to rent the tool, but even if they won't do it without a charge, maybe it wouldn't cost anymore than renting whatever tools you might need and you would get a clean professional installation.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

that looks pretty sweet, actually. right now I've got a toolbag with emergency tools, and it takes up valuable real estate!

Old 11-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Enthusiast

I have one and I love it and use it. I especially love the umbrella holder.

Old 11-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Enthusiast

userboy,

did you install it yourself? If so, was there any drilling involved?

Thanks

Old 11-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by userboy
I have one and I love it and use it..............
Ditto.

"Useful" would be an understatement. Keeps stuff handy, right within easy arm's reach and near eye level.

Mine came installed on the car as part of the FO package. Probably you could get it dealer installed, but I would not hesitate to install it myself.

It attaches with two screws at the top corners and a row of push connectors along the bottom edge, I'd guess that the attachment points are the same locations as are used for the trunk liner attachment.

Originally Posted by userboy
I especially love the umbrella holder.
"Umbrella holder" ?????????? What umbrella holder ?

Old 11-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Enthusiast

I've seen pictures where the two mesh pockets on either end contain a small umbrella each.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Camry Trunk Organizer - Who has one?

Yes I installed it myself. I don't remember any drilling. I just pulled out the existing latch bolts holding the trunk liner up, plus a couple of screws with the cordless drill/screwdriver.

The umbrella holder is on the top, with the trunk open. It's long slender net wrap type thing, that has velcro all along the top. You pull it back, and put the umbrella, or any long cylindrical object in place, and mash the velcro back to hold it in place.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

How much can you put in it before the weight of the items in the holder causes the trunk lid to fall down?

Old 11-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Enthusiast

I've got something in every pocket, but not sure how much it weighs. It definitely helps make the trunk easy closing. I've learned exactly the point from which to drop it so it closes every time.
However, my dad did hit his head once when he didn't push it up far enough for it to stay open or continue opening, but he wasn't aware of the organizer.
For the driver who is, and family members that ride in the car on a regular basis, I don't think it's a problem.

Quick Reply: Camry Trunk Organizer - Who has one?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands