Catching Up!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 07:53 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Catching Up!

I have just been introduced to this terrific site and spent quite a bit of time yesterday trying to 'catch up'. I was particularly intrigued by Lilarienne's torturous time getting her new Jasper Pearl, particularly when I was fortunate enough to find one on the local dealer's lot...of course it had been special ordered two months ago, but unfortunately (fortunate for me!) the person who ordered it couldn't take it afterall because of sudden failing health. So, I got it!

Anyway, picked up my twin to Lilarienne's on Sunday. I will have to check and see what the production number is as I think it must have been built around the same time as it arrived in the showroom about the same time as hers.

Haven't taken any long trips yet and I have only put 50 miles of local driving on it. My daily commute is only 2.5 miles and instead of getting about 22 mpg in my Concorde I get 45 mpg! Of course, it is downhill to work!

To catch up on other threads I have been reading:

I'm 55; my husband is 68.

What I love: the smart key! WOW! I just zip that puppy up in a pocket in my purse and it stays there. When my husband is going with me and has his key in his pocket he can open this door (passenger) himself without waiting for me. Now, if I could only get that technology for my house key!

What bugs me: Nothing yet...but then I haven't had it long...no glitches, yet, either!

Personalized plate....hummm...probably won't do one as it is another $40 bucks here in WA...but with the color, a nice double entendre would be 'prtygrn'.

No, I am keeping my badges (of honor!) on my car...

Have I missed any important info? Let me know!

Oh, I spent last night on the iguide...very interesting site...now I need to go get a bluetooth phone.

OH, QUESTION: break in period...did a search and didn't find this yet...my salesman said not to use the cruise control for the first 500 miles...says Toyota wants the engine to "experience different speeds".

Looking forward to a long clean relationship with my new baby!

Barb

Old 08-16-2006, 07:58 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Catching Up!

Welcome, Barb! I think you are fortunate that you found a Jasper Pearl on the lot! I was told by the inventory manager at our dealership that in our region only 4 Jasper Pearl TCH had been delivered since May, and mine is the only one delivered to a CT dealership. In fact, when they added mine to their online inventory they stripped out the color information, which I can only imagine was to avoid being inundated by calls/emails from people looking for Jasper Pearl in the region.

Old 08-16-2006, 08:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hi!
Yes, very lucky indeed. I wanted a light color as with summer heat, dusty roads it makes sense. Our old Honda Accord is a dark gray and while it's motor makes noise ;-) it might as well be a stealth car itself as I don't think people see it...too close to the color of asphalt!

My salesman did a search and found only 2 or 3 others in the 7 western states that were available...When you have a chance post your production number and I will do the same. It will be interesting to compare our two!

Old 08-16-2006, 08:21 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

From the owner's manual, section 2, page 266:
Break−in period
Drive gently and avoid high speeds.
Your vehicle does not need an elaborate
break−in. But following a few simple tips
for the first 1600 km (1000 miles) can add
to the future economy and long life of
your vehicle:
 Avoid full throttle acceleration when
starting and driving.
 Avoid racing the hybrid system.
 Try to avoid hard stops during the first
300 km (200 miles).
 Do not drive for a long time at any
single speed, either fast or slow.
 Do not tow a trailer during the first 800
km (500 miles).

Welcome, belbe. Do I get a finder's fee for pointing you to this forum?

Old 08-16-2006, 08:30 AM
Active Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Catching Up!

Hi Brett,

YES! Thanks for pointing me here! It's a great place!

And thanks for the info fromo the manual...I just haven't read it all .

Hummm...so what does 'long time at a single speed'? Whose definition of long...well, let's hope I can get a few more miles on it before we take it on it's first road trip!

THANKS!

Barb

Old 08-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hi,

What the heck does this mean? "avoid racing the hybrid system."

Old 08-16-2006, 11:29 AM
WVGasGuy

Do not tow a trailer during the first 800km (500 miles).

That's interesting since they don't endorse towing with the TCH