Changing Transmission fluid

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 03:04 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Changing Transmission fluid

Does anyone have a good photo or drawing of where the drain and fill holes are on the TCH? Seems like I saw one a year ago or so, but I cannot find it now. I would settle for a good description as to where it is. I'm sure I can find the drain, but not sure where the fill is. I want to change the fluid this Spring at about 50,000 miles. Help anyone?

Old 01-18-2010, 04:48 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent
Default Re: Changing Transmission fluid

I don't believe the TCH has a "transmission" in the conventional sense. I don't see it listed as a servicable item. I could be wrong.

Heck, even my conventional '07 Camry XLE had a sealed transmission as does the '09 Venza that replaced it. No transmission dip-stick.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

There are instructions for changing the tramu fluid on TCH on another site at this link. Takes 4 quarts of oil and sound like an easy change.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=322352
or
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/f105 (Topic: Tch Atf

Old 01-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

If you like to work on your car you should download repair manual, it's all in there. We had some links in this forum before, but probably they are no longer valid. I signed up with Toyota maintenance for 24 hours for few dollars and downloaded everything, but it was couple years ago, not sure what the deal is now. There are 2 plugs on the transaxle casting side: bottom one to drain, top one to fill. You fill up all the way to the opening, around 4 quarts of WS oil, make sure its from Toyota for TCH. The only tricky part is to find some little plastic hose to run from underneath the car, to the top to pour the oil, since it's not easy to do it under the car, especially if it's not on high lift. At 75k I have to do mine as soon as it gets little warmer. Good luck.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. I have to crawl under the car when it warms up and check it out. I'm just trying to get an idea where to look and what size they are. I don't want to pull the wrong plugs. I'm not versed on front wheel drive that well and especially the hybrid. Love the car though