Cost Survey

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 10:24 AM
Enthusiast
Default Cost Survey

With the help of other threads on this site, I have just about decided on the TCH. I am a senior and have hated negotiating with salespeople all of my life so I am hoping to get a little information that will simplify the process. Did you pay sticker price--a little more--or something less? Help an old man avoid another ulcer. Thanks.

Old 11-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Cost Survey

Originally Posted by jcwils@bellsouth.net
With the help of other threads on this site, I have just about decided on the TCH. I am a senior and have hated negotiating with salespeople all of my life so I am hoping to get a little information that will simplify the process. Did you pay sticker price--a little more--or something less? Help an old man avoid another ulcer. Thanks.

Most paid sticker or so called MSRP, but a few of us were lucky enough to have purchased at a lower out the door price. I would suspect the supply and demand is swinging the other way due the lower tax break and the new plant opening in Kentucky and lower gas prices and the big dogs going back to Hummers ect. My advise is to check out all forums and have prices in hand before shopping dealers and calling dealers in all areas for the best buy. I drove out of state to get mine as none around my vicinity. good luck!

Old 11-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

We pretty much paid Msrp, got side moldings but not floor mats thrown in. With the lower tax credit, kentucky plant and lower gas, I would try to negotiate a little-maybe pay Msrp but get them to throw in more stuff since they are making a bundle on us. If you can go to more than one dealer, maybe you can get them to one up each other. Good luck. We have only 500 miles on ours but Rich likes it a lot. I haven't driven it yet. waiting for the first ding so I don't have to be reponsible . Laurie

Old 11-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Enthusiast

Most dealers in Saramento area are selling the TCH at MSRP. I was lucky, my son works for a dealership and I got the "family discount", which was $750 under MSRP. I figure with the tax credit, it brings me close to invoice. I just saw where some of the dealers in our area are offering $2ooo. off MSRP on the 2007 PRIUS.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:44 PM
it's just a car...

The key is to refuse to pay for anything on a dealer's "second sticker".
Any dealer adding anything to the TCH is gouging.
Good luck!

Old 11-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Back in the first week of july I traded in my '04 Prius. The dealer gave me what I paid for the Prius in trade, knocked $500 off MSRP and threw in (after I asked for one) a third Smart Key FOB. No POI options but fully accessorized including Factoru Leather and NAV etc.

Old 11-12-2006, 05:23 PM
Enthusiast

I'm buying one at below invoice price, thanks to a brother who works for Toyota. Magnetic gray with leather and navigation. I would have liked to add heated seats but I had to either get this as is or pass on it. And of course, I'm getting it.

Old 11-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by juicius
I'm buying one at below invoice price, thanks to a brother who works for Toyota. Magnetic gray with leather and navigation. I would have liked to add heated seats but I had to either get this as is or pass on it. And of course, I'm getting it.
I and many others bought fully loaded TCH's for $699.00 off MSRP Plus $19 and no doc fees:

at: fitzmall.com

Old 11-13-2006, 06:19 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Julian, Most who chimed in here talked about how they paid less than MSRP. From your post it's obvious that you hate negotiating, but you don't want to get taken advantage of. Rest assured that many on this sight, myself included, paid MSRP. So if it saves you from ulcers don't worry about saying OK to a deal that's at sticker price. There are more important things to worry about than getting the best deal imaginable.

And this is from someone who generally negotiates starting at dealer invoice.

Old 11-13-2006, 07:46 AM
Dazed and Confused

Where are you located?

I think that has more to do with what people pay than any thing else.

Here in Houston, they are starting to have these cars just siting on the lots. I am sure this is due to low fuel prices and the tax credit being half what it was a couple months ago.

In the middle of september is when we decided to get one. We were at a mercedes dealer about to get a C320 Diesel, but just did not want to have that car payment, so we went to a Toyota dealer. They had a red TCH with leather and sunroof, but no nav. We could have gotten that car for $2,000 under sticker with the full tax credit, but I wanted the nav for the consumption screen and I wanted blue. So we waited almost a month, and we got the blue fully loaded for $1,000 under sticker. If we had waited another month, we might have been able to do better, but I am happy.

If you are in California, around DC, or NY, I would expect to pay MSRP or slightly over. If you are anywhere else on the two coasts, them MSRP would not shock me. If you are in the Gulf States region, you should be able to get it under sticker, just find the right dealer.

Quick Reply: Cost Survey

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands