Crunch

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 09:09 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Crunch

Not a good sound when you're in your car. Particularly when you're stopped at a traffic light, and its accompanied by a jolt.

Yeah, I got rear-ended. Low speed. Initially, didn't look like much damage. Basically what has happened is that the other guy's license plate bolts and markings got imprinted into my bumper.

Took it to a body shop today, estimate is $671. Fix the imprint, repaint, blend, replace my applique.

Ouch for him. I hope that the paint won't be noticeably different than the rest of the body, that's my only concern.

Kills me because the NIGHT BEFORE, I had a little ding in the door taken out (paintless). I was all happy that my TCH was back to looking pretty. Now this. Doah.

Old 09-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Crunch

That hurts. I had someone sideswipe with either a car or shopping cart (not sure which) last weekend. No note of course. I was going to go through my insurance company, but the estimate is only $200 more than my deductable, so I'll keep my insurance company out of the loop.

Old 09-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Advanced Technology-PZEV

Originally Posted by MFLetou
Not a good sound when you're in your car. Particularly when you're stopped at a traffic light, and its accompanied by a jolt.

Yeah, I got rear-ended. Low speed. Initially, didn't look like much damage. Basically what has happened is that the other guy's license plate bolts and markings got imprinted into my bumper.

Took it to a body shop today, estimate is $671. Fix the imprint, repaint, blend, replace my applique.

Ouch for him. I hope that the paint won't be noticeably different than the rest of the body, that's my only concern.

Kills me because the NIGHT BEFORE, I had a little ding in the door taken out (paintless). I was all happy that my TCH was back to looking pretty. Now this. Doah.
I think people just hit your car coz they are jealous, i mean i have seen people just go around in a parking lot and scratch all new cars!!!
Knock on the wood, My TCH is safe so far.

Old 09-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hey Matt. Sorry to hear about you getting hit. At least your entire bumper wasn't ripped off like mine! ha ha. Anyway, I'm sure the body shop will do an excellent job. My tch came out looking like new again - as I'm sure yours will also.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:13 PM
Too Smug

Ugh! Thats one of a new car owner's biggest nightmares. I've been rear-ended before and now I can feel my stomach tightening if I sense that a trailing car is coming at me a bit too quickly. What really bothers me is when I am in stop-and-go traffic and the person behind me appears distracted by their cell phone, makeup mirror, whatever. Thats a recipe for disaster, sooner or later.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

Sorry to hear. Only because misery loves company I'll mention that somone dinged my door with their car door. Not a dent but an actual chip of paint came off :/

Old 09-21-2006, 07:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by charlesc
Hey Matt. Sorry to hear about you getting hit. At least your entire bumper wasn't ripped off like mine! ha ha. Anyway, I'm sure the body shop will do an excellent job. My tch came out looking like new again - as I'm sure yours will also.
Good to hear. I just want it to look new again!

This car has the plague or something. 3 months, 5,000 miles, 2 windshields, a dent in the door (80% fixed with paintless dent removal, you can't tell it was ever there), and now this.

I know, always the way. Kicker is that none of it was my fault. Oh well. I didn't even see this one coming because I had been stopped at the light for a good 30 seconds and at that point was staring up waiting for it to change. There had been nobody behind me.

The guy who hit me (doctor) was mortified. Damage didn't look like much so he had sticker shock at the cost estimate, but he's already got a check in the mail.

Old 09-21-2006, 09:30 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MFLetou
Good to hear. I just want it to look new again!

This car has the plague or something. 3 months, 5,000 miles, 2 windshields, a dent in the door (80% fixed with paintless dent removal, you can't tell it was ever there), and now this.

I know, always the way. Kicker is that none of it was my fault. Oh well. I didn't even see this one coming because I had been stopped at the light for a good 30 seconds and at that point was staring up waiting for it to change. There had been nobody behind me.

The guy who hit me (doctor) was mortified. Damage didn't look like much so he had sticker shock at the cost estimate, but he's already got a check in the mail.
You're lucky that the doctor was so agreeable. I hope the check arrives soon.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah. Well, he had two choices...send me money or I call his insurance company. Before I dealt with him, I did confirm that he was who he says he was (a well known faculty member at a medical school, etc), and he called him a few hours after the incident to apologize and reiterate that he would pay whatever the cost was. I asked him to send a check for the estimate amount, which I will deposit BEFORE I get the car fixed. In fact, I'll wait to make sure it clears. Then, I'll get it fixed, and send him the receipt, and if there needs to be an adjustment, we'll handle it then.

Could be a lot worse.

Old 09-21-2006, 04:01 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have always lived in Michigan - a no-fault insurance state. No matter who is at fault in an accident, YOUR insurance company pays for the damage. It really sucks when it is the "other guys" fault, since the insurance company can raise your rates as a result.

When I hear stories like this, I find it interesting how things work in other states...

Quick Reply: Crunch

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands