Is the date on your Calendar wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Is the date on your Calendar wrong?

I was playing around with the nav this evening (around 10PM) and noticed that the date was wrong.. It had tomorrows date as today. Not sure if it is basing on GMT, or Japan, but I could not for the life of me figure out how to change it.

Any ideas? I did do a "quick" look through the nav manual, but did not see anything..

Old 08-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Is the date on your Calendar wrong?

Originally Posted by nyc2socal
I was playing around with the nav this evening (around 10PM) and noticed that the date was wrong.. It had tomorrows date as today. Not sure if it is basing on GMT, or Japan, but I could not for the life of me figure out how to change it.

Any ideas? I did do a "quick" look through the nav manual, but did not see anything..
no, it should be set on your date. Just manually change it?

Old 08-30-2007, 04:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

Given that it is a GPS, it knows where you are, so it should set the date/time to what it is where you are at the moment.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by abward
Given that it is a GPS, it knows where you are, so it should set the date/time to what it is where you are at the moment.
It does not. I just went on a trip that crossed into the Atlantic Time Zone from Eastern, and I had to change the Time Zone setting on the Nav unit, in order to make it display ETA correctly.
Of course, that doesn't help the original poster, who is looking for the place you set date and time. I don't recall where that is offhand, but I suspect its in the same setup menu somewhere (remember that it is a multi-page menu, so you might need to scroll through the screens).

Old 08-30-2007, 08:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

LOL. Moron programmers.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

Is your time zone set correctly? Don't know where you were in the US (presume southern CA based on your username) and your timezone was set to, let's say Central, you would be at least 2 hours off. Given that it was 10pm where you were, this would account for the calendar difference.

Bottom line - check your timezone setting and make sure it's correct.

Scott

Old 08-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Assuming it is a NAV system YOU (or your dealer) must set the TIMEZONE and whether DST is in effect or not. The system sets the correct local time based on the GPS information.

On a similar note. How many have checked the Compass zone setting? Mine was off by 2 zones so I reset it and recalibrated. It made some difference.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:09 AM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My Alpine "Blackbird" portable NAV unit also gave incorrect time (and hence also expected arrival time) readings last Spring when we switched to the new "improved" daylight saving time a few weeks earlier than normal. I had to change my time-zone/DST setting temporarily to correct this. I'll presumably have the same issue again this Fall. I guess that the software in the Blackbird wasn't updated to the new change-of-date formula.

Stan

Old 09-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

Sorry for taking so long to respond... But YES, it was the timezone.. Evidently, it was set for -5 (East Coast) versus -8 for California. I assumed it would have been tied to the regional map I was using..

Silly me.. Odd thing is, my TCH is built in Japan, arrived in the Long Beach Port, and stayed in SoCal (3 miles on the ODO when I picked it up).. I wonder if it was just set to Eastern time by default?

Old 09-03-2007, 07:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

Glad the suggestions worked for you!

Scott

Quick Reply: Is the date on your Calendar wrong?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands