Dealer meeting with hybrid owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 02:02 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Dealer meeting with hybrid owners

Our Hawaii dealer, Servco Toyota, is great. They had a meeting tonight for all new Hybrid owners to provide information on hybrids; how they work; maintenance, care, etc. They answered everyone's questions. AND provided free dinner. AND gave free dinner. You can tell they really want their hybrid owners to be happy.

Just had to rub it in...or has anybody else's dealer done this? I have to give Kudos (congratulations) to our dealer for doing this, it was a great idea.

Old 07-21-2006, 06:24 AM
HSD Organic Interface
Default Re: Dealer meeting with hybrid owners

My dealer did something similiar but for all recent buyers regardless of car choice. Provided shrimp rings and non-alc. champayne. Took us into the service area and talked about the various car features, let us look under the cars. Offerred individual instructions for each owner's car. At the end, got a free "Toyota" car blanket and coupons for 15% off local restaurants, 2 free oil changes, and 10% off accessories.

It was partially a sales pitch of course to come back to them for service, but was reasonably nice. I really didn't hear anything new but I figure an hour of my time for free shrimp, Toyota blanket and a few reasonably useful coupons.

I was the only TCH owner there though. I still have not seen another TCH other than the one I test drove, and mine. I did have a chance to have a better look at a Camry XLE. It had a perferated roller sun shade for the rear window (you could see thru it while driving, but cuts down a lot of sunlight). I wish the Hybrid would have come with one of those. Apparently it was a factory install so not available as accessory.

Old 07-21-2006, 06:41 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Maybe I should forward this thread to my dealership, or at least let someone there know about it.

Old 07-21-2006, 06:47 AM
it's just a car...

Great idea! Toyota should send all TCH owners to your dealership for 'training'....