"Dial by Name" while Moving

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 09:35 AM
Enthusiast
Default "Dial by Name" while Moving

Just purchased a TCH with Nav. I am trying to get the Dial by Name function working.

It works properly when I am parked, but when I am driving, it accepts the command but displays the phone address book is "dimmed out".

Is Dial by Name supposed to work while moving?

Thanks

Old 02-14-2009, 09:51 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: "Dial by Name" while Moving

Not sure, but it's probably a safety feature. You can voice dial while driving.
It's easy to use, but make sure you are very clear to pronouncing the names, changing the accent, cadence or terms used (office, work, job, business, etc.) so the system can distinguish.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: "Dial by Name" while Moving

It sounds like you are expecting to press something on the screen. This is not the case. What you do is say "Dial by name" and the woman will say something like "wait for the screen to refresh and then press the talk button." You should press the talk button when you see the list of names on the screen. The woman will then say something like "say a name" or it will just beep (I can't remember). You then say the name which you have pre-recorded for the person you wish to call.

The screen will be "grayed" out while driving. When stopped, after you say "dial by name" and the screen refreshes, you could then press the person's phone book entry to dial.