Did you purchase an extended warranty before this car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 04:28 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Did you purchase an extended warranty before this car?

One of the most common questions asked is about extended warrantees. In general, for most consumer products, these warrantees are bad bets (see Washington Post, Consumer Affairs, and Smart Money), but automobiles are not typical consumer product purchases. In addition, replacing a cell phone, computer, television or refrigerator is easier, in many instances, than repairing unlike automobiles, where repairing is easier to afford than replacing.
In any event, I don't wish to rehash the old discussion of whether one should or shouldn't purchase an extended warrantee, since plenty of threads have discussed it, ad nauseam. Rather I want to find our if members have purchased these warrantees on OTHER cars, that is, BEFORE you purchased the TCH had you ever purchased an extended warrantee.
Thanks!