Discovery Phase Not Quite Over

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 10:47 AM
HSD Organic Interface
Default Re: Discovery Phase Not Quite Over

I do not have the remote starter, just the regular key fob. I do not see the LED just looking at the key either. The only reason I noticed it was that I was in the garage, it was kind of dark and I noticed the little dim red flash. Now knowing about the LED, it actually flashes thru the silver part of the key (the silver face of the cover), just to the upper left of the LOCK button on the top. If I hold the key up to the light and try to catch the reflection off of this area of the key, I can barely make out a little circle where the LED lies underneath. Don't be surprised if you can't see it, it's really well hidden. You can't feel it either...

Punch... I was simply referring to how little things like noticing the LED can actually make for making life a bit more interesting, if just a bit

Old 07-24-2006, 07:25 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Discovery Phase Not Quite Over

I checked for that LED light tonight - and did find it. Also, as I was checking for the light and walking towards the car, I found out that the remote's range seems to be very good. Not consistently, but at least a couple of times, I was able to "blink the lights" from about 90 yards.

Originally Posted by Droid13
I do not have the remote starter, just the regular key fob. I do not see the LED just looking at the key either. The only reason I noticed it was that I was in the garage, it was kind of dark and I noticed the little dim red flash. Now knowing about the LED, it actually flashes thru the silver part of the key (the silver face of the cover), just to the upper left of the LOCK button on the top. If I hold the key up to the light and try to catch the reflection off of this area of the key, I can barely make out a little circle where the LED lies underneath. Don't be surprised if you can't see it, it's really well hidden. You can't feel it either...

Punch... I was simply referring to how little things like noticing the LED can actually make for making life a bit more interesting, if just a bit

Old 07-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

I found the LED tonight too. But I don't see it flash unless I press a button, no matter how close to the car I am.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:57 PM
HSD Organic Interface

Originally Posted by hamm3r
I found the LED tonight too. But I don't see it flash unless I press a button, no matter how close to the car I am.
The doors have to be locked. I have the VIP security system too, I'm not sure but I don't think this has any effect on the flashing light though.

Old 07-25-2006, 04:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I tried it but didn't find the LED, but I think the car was unlocked at the time. I'll have to try it again.

Old 07-25-2006, 05:11 AM

Bingo! I see the red LED next to the unlock button, just to the left and top of the button. Flashes when you get in range AND when you move out of range!

Try moving slowly up to the drivers door, and then back away about 4 or 5 feet. It should flash when you get within about 2 feet away, and again when you move away about 4 feet. Cool!

Old 07-25-2006, 06:43 AM
Enthusiast

The LED will also blink when entering the car. Stand outside with the driver door open and holding the FOB in your hand move it slowly inside the car. The LED will blink just as it enters the car. I guess this is the start system picking up the electronic key.

Old 07-25-2006, 06:44 AM

OK, are you guys PMing each other about a little practical joke? Is this the Emperor's New Remote? I walked to the car with remote in hand watching it the whole time and no LED. It's a totally overcast day so it's not getting washed out in the light. I have a base TCH, no NAV and no remote starter.

Old 07-25-2006, 06:48 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orcrone
OK, are you guys PMing each other about a little practical joke? Is this the Emperor's New Remote? I walked to the car with remote in hand watching it the whole time and no LED. It's a totally overcast day so it's not getting washed out in the light. I have a base TCH, no NAV and no remote starter.

The doors MUST be locked to see the LED when walking up to car. It will not flash if they are unlocked.

Old 07-25-2006, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by cgul
The doors MUST be locked to see the LED when walking up to car. It will not flash if they are unlocked.
They were. Looking at my remote I can't even see or feel any evidence of an LED.

Quick Reply: Discovery Phase Not Quite Over

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands