Discovery Phase Not Quite Over

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 06:51 AM
HSD Organic Interface
Default Re: Discovery Phase Not Quite Over

Originally Posted by Orcrone
OK, are you guys PMing each other about a little practical joke? Is this the Emperor's New Remote? I walked to the car with remote in hand watching it the whole time and no LED. It's a totally overcast day so it's not getting washed out in the light. I have a base TCH, no NAV and no remote starter.
It's not very bright. Even indoor lighting it might be tough to see. Cover the remote with your cupped hand so the face of the remote is darkened, then try pressing the lock button. You should at least see the LED flash then...

Old 07-25-2006, 06:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Droid13
It's not very bright.
Neither am I.

Originally Posted by Droid13
Cover the remote with your cupped hand so the face of the remote is darkened, then try pressing the lock button. You should at least see the LED flash then...
If I go out there cupping the remote and holding it to my face are you going to be there taking pictures of me looking ridiculous to post on this board?

Old 07-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Enthusiast

I can confirm it is there. I actually on purpose did not have they key in my pocket this morning to see if it was there and sure enough a red light flashed.

There is no way to see that there is an LED there from just looking at the fob. It must be coming through it soemhow, b/c I don't think there is an indention or anything present.

If you don't see it don't worry b/c why does it matter? With this system the key never comes out of your pocket so you will never see it, but it is a great find of an undocumented feature.

Old 07-25-2006, 01:29 PM
WVGasGuy

It's at the 10:00 position just off to the left of the lock button. I can see it when I press the button and it did flash when I got within range (3 feet or so) of the sensor in the door handle.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:59 AM

Here is a photo of the red LED flashing on my key fob. It's a bit grainy as I used my cell phone to snap the picture when the LED flashed. It flashes when you press any key, or go in/out of range of the sensors on the Camry.

Old 07-26-2006, 07:28 AM
Convert

Originally Posted by nash
Here is a photo of the red LED flashing on my key fob. It's a bit grainy as I used my cell phone to snap the picture when the LED flashed. It flashes when you press any key, or go in/out of range of the sensors on the Camry.

Nash, it looks like you're pressing your panic button! Hopefully you're nowhere near your TCH.

Old 07-26-2006, 07:49 AM

Found it. I had to go outside, completely cup the key fob, hold it to my eye and walk towards the car. But I saw it.

OK, now I'll put it in my pocket and leave it there.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

You don't have to be near the car to see it.
You can see it from inside your house if you just push one of the buttons on it.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Thumbs up Re: Discovery Phase Not Quite Over

Originally Posted by hamm3r
You don't have to be near the car to see it.
You can see it from inside your house if you just push one of the buttons on it.
So right!!

Old 12-08-2006, 03:33 PM
Enthusiast

i just saw this Yesterday