View Poll Results: Do you have interior squeaks and rattles? You can choose more than 1!!
I only have a few squeaks.
38.46%
I have alot of squeaks.
12.31%
I have no squeaks.
33.08%
I have a few rattles.
32.31%
I have alot of rattles.
6.92%
I have no rattles
40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Do you have squeaks and rattles?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 06:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Do you have squeaks and rattles?

After 7000 miles my car has no squeaks or rattles. Unfortunately, I'm getting to any age where I'm developing my share of squeaks and rattles.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orcrone
After 7000 miles my car has no squeaks or rattles. Unfortunately, I'm getting to any age where I'm developing my share of squeaks and rattles.
And trying finding an extended warrenty for yourself is impossible, too. Age sucks.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:01 AM
Enthusiast

I've got a little over 5000 miles on my TCH and (knock on wood) am glad to report no bumps, squeaks, rattles. As is true for others, this is our first Toyota, first hybrid, and quietest vehicle ever. If and when the irritating noises start, I'll know where to look to try to fix them myself at first. I really love this website. Just wish there were some horn toot, or hand signal, or something to say howdy to other hybrids I happen to see on the road. I feel like I'm part of a wonderful trend by owning and driving this car.

Happy driving all,
swvsings

Old 04-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Arrow Re: Do you have squeaks and rattles?

No squeaks or rattles at nearly 18K miles <gasp>. They grow up so fast!

Old 04-16-2007, 03:08 PM

10k miles and i do have some squeaks and rattles. I fixed the one in the center console/shifter area, but I still have a nasty squeak in the center armrest (only in cold weather), and I have a new one around the driver side dash speaker. It looks like the speaker grill rubs the windshield because the grille has warped over time...

Old 04-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Enthusiast

I've got less than 3,000 miles and I have three squeaks: the first one started in the driver's door, which I still haven't pinned down; the second one is in the passenger door, sounds the same as the driver's door, but is less frequent; and the third one, which just started, is the infamous center console "crickets." I just have to stop being lazy and take it back to the dealer (which, I'm hoping, is just one trip instead of many).

Japanese-built, just in case anyone is wondering.

Old 04-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

So wait, Kluken,you got rid of your car how long after owning it? Also, Im curious, why are you still here if you dont own the car anymore? Isn't this car only around a year old? I owned an 05 Altima 3.5, can't say it was better quality, it just squeaked less. So I do agree with you about the quality of asian cars. I will say that this is the best car Ive ever owned though. Squeaks or no squeaks.

Center console squeaks in my Camry when I go over any bumps on the road. I dont notice it so much when I drive daily. I drive around the chicago burbs, its totally flat here and I normally drive on only one straight road for 13 miles to and from work.

Although with that said, I keep the radio at about 10, so perhaps its squeaking more than I am letting on

Also... I have a Japanese built Camry.

Last edited by Qslugs; 04-17-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:50 AM
Enthusiast

Kentucky-built TCH - no squeaks or rattles since driving off the lot February 17, 2007. No problems so far & gave high marks in Quality survey from Toyota - I did comment about no Fog lights & current 1-setting Heated Seats needing 2-settings for next model year (doesn't help us)...

Toyota should supply "Proudly Made in Kentucky, USA - Motor Trend Car of the Year 2007" stickers for those of us proud to drive an American-built car so honored...

Old 04-18-2007, 12:38 PM
HSD Organic Interface

I am currently squeak and rattle free. I had the console crickets which I fixed with the 5 min felt pad fix detailed elsewhere in this forum. I also had the dash rattle when cold up front by the the windshield (that separate panel with the clock and idiot lights) that I solved in 5 minutes by inserting some small pieces of pipe insulation which also came from posts in this forum.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:40 AM
Enthusiast

I had a few "crickets" in the front shift area, but toyota fixed those, but the one that I heard from the back window was not found nor fixed, and only seems to do it when it is over 80 degrees..... well, it is starting to come back. It is frustrating when it has to be 80 degrees to FIND the squeaking, and then, it only does it intermittenly.... They tried to tell me it was a struts issue. THAT sound was coming from the back window, sounded like plastic on glass! When it does do it, it drives me absolutely crazy.

Otherwise, I love my TCH. She is RED, and gorgeous. I call her "LUCY".
m

Quick Reply: Do you have squeaks and rattles?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands