Doors not locking on my '07 TCH

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Doors not locking on my '07 TCH

Would you happen to know the TSB#? Better yet do you have the pdf?

Old 09-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

It seems to be happening more frequently now. Of course when I decide to take it into the dealership, it starts to work. I've tried unplugging the 12-volt battery, waiting a little bit and reconnecting it, hoping to "reboot" the ecu and perhaps get it working, but it still does not work.

Anyone know if there is a TSB out for this issue? Someone mentioned there is, but I could not find any information on it.

Thanks!

Old 09-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Geckoboy
I don't believe this is a low battery issue. The car also does not lock when I try to lock the door from the door lock button on the door (above the window switches).

My car is out of warranty so unfortunately any dealer fixes will be out of pocket. I'm hoping to get this resolved on my own, but will take to the dealer if necessary since I don't want to go around all four doors to manually lock it every time I get out of the car.
You did mention you tried both manual door locks and it would not lock. That is till you unlocked the doors and then locked them again.

Being out of warranty you might try calling Toyota's customer service. Tell them how frustrating this problem is with a rather new car.

If this does not work, try calling the owner of the dealership. Sometimes they will fix a problem if they think you may buy another car in the near future.

Could be the need for a simple re-flash of your ecu. Good luck and keep us posted.

Last edited by rburt07; 09-10-2009 at 10:19 PM.