Fix A Flat

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Fix A Flat

Ginway..... Silly question buit how about having the dealer check it?

I had a similar problem with my previous HCH and although I could try to find the problem - couldn't. It took the dealer to find the small nail in it. I imagine any tire shop could do it but with the sensor stuff the dealer is about the same, $12 to find and fix.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Fix A Flat

Originally Posted by Chumley
The spare has a sensor? First time I heard that. Since it's a compact spare and has about 60psi in it would the pressure monitoring system even handle it? The Pre-Delivery Service Bulletin PD019-06 dated March 17,2006 only references 4 transmitters. I know the system CAN handle a 5th but my guess is that's in case Toyota ever offers a full sized spare which at this time they don't. PD007-06 which only applies to conventional 07 Camry's specifically says a transmitter is NOT used in a compact spare.

OK - I stand corrected. My dealer told me that there were 5 and I never looked. I just checked and it has a molded rubber valve stem whereas the 4 main tires have metal ones. It appears that there are, in fact only 4. I don't expect the delivery guy would know everything about every model, but he also told me with certainty that the "auto" function of the headlight switch was only for the daytime running lights. And I knew that wasn't right. I guess I better check out everything else he told me

If you had 5... and you have the spare in your car, wouldn't your monitor pick up the 5th reading? That's a way to verify this... but my guess is that it doesn't come with the sensor in the spare.