Free Sirius/ XM

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Advanced Technology-PZEV
Default Free Sirius/ XM

When you call to activate your radio, explain to them that its a TCH and they will give you 90 day free trial!

Also, I got a call to see if i wanted to buy XM, i said not yet, I am still under free trial, and I will think about it, i was giving 3 add'l months!

Old 09-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Free Sirius/ XM

This is true.

XM came with the car, it had a $55.00 gift card that came with it. I called XM and told them nothing about the $55.00 card. I told them I just got m TCH and it came with XM, I asked if there was a deal they could give me.

They gave me 3 months free and free activation. I still had that $55.00 card to use once the 3 months were up.

XM was crap IMO; I really didn't like anything they offered. Most the stations or type of stations were also on Sirius (CNN, Dance, 80's and so on) The music Sirius plays, Dance and 80's is different IMO to what XM plays (a different style) and Sirius has the NFL. NOTHING ON XM I HAD TO HAVE.

I called Sirius and told them it came with the car, it sort of did. It wasn't an add on as it connected to the Toyota HU just like XM. Sirius gave me 3 months free, free Internet listening and no activation fee.

SIRIUS

8/24/2006

3 months free service with Monthly Subscription
Free Internet Streaming Master

Ok, some might ask why I wasted all those free months of XM, as I said... I didn't like any of it so why keep something I don't like. I am so happy with Sirius, even if the NFL went to XM I'm not sure I would switch. I might get both but wouldn't give up Sirius.

Old 09-16-2006, 03:03 PM
Advanced Technology-PZEV

Wait so the same built in receiver works for sirius as well?

sweet!
Originally Posted by cohort
This is true.

XM came with the car, it had a $55.00 gift card that came with it. I called XM and told them nothing about the $55.00 card. I told them I just got m TCH and it came with XM, I asked if there was a deal they could give me.

They gave me 3 months free and free activation. I still had that $55.00 card to use once the 3 months were up.

XM was crap IMO; I really didn't like anything they offered. Most the stations or type of stations were also on Sirius (CNN, Dance, 80's and so on) The music Sirius plays, Dance and 80's is different IMO to what XM plays (a different style) and Sirius has the NFL. NOTHING ON XM I HAD TO HAVE.

I called Sirius and told them it came with the car, it sort of did. It wasn't an add on as it connected to the Toyota HU just like XM. Sirius gave me 3 months free, free Internet listening and no activation fee.

SIRIUS

8/24/2006

3 months free service with Monthly Subscription
Free Internet Streaming Master

Ok, some might ask why I wasted all those free months of XM, as I said... I didn't like any of it so why keep something I don't like. I am so happy with Sirius, even if the NFL went to XM I'm not sure I would switch. I might get both but wouldn't give up Sirius.

Old 09-16-2006, 04:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rcommander
Wait so the same built in receiver works for sirius as well?

sweet!
it's either or. If you want Sirius you have to take out all the XM stuff and install Sirius.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:17 AM
Enthusiast

When I called XM they asked me the Id of the radio. She said that it should say it on Channel 0. Does any one know what Channel 0 means here? Or Do we need to add additional XM equipment/hardware before we can call XM?
Thanks.

Old 09-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by billy
When I called XM they asked me the Id of the radio. She said that it should say it on Channel 0. Does any one know what Channel 0 means here? Or Do we need to add additional XM equipment/hardware before we can call XM?
Thanks.
Tune into channel 0 and you might have to hit the text button a few times but a code should come up. SHe is looking for that code on channel 0.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

As I think about it, the first time I called Sirius they told me they had no special offers. I didn't believe that so I called back when everything was hooked up and that is when I talked to someone else and got the deal I have now.