Front window defoster and ECO

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 06:26 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Front window defoster and ECO

As far as I'm concerned, losing ECO when turning on defrost would be fine, providing the system were smart enough to turn ECO back on when done. It gets tiring having to check to see if ECO mode is lost and then hunting for that ECO button.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by talmy
As far as I'm concerned, losing ECO when turning on defrost would be fine, providing the system were smart enough to turn ECO back on when done. It gets tiring having to check to see if ECO mode is lost and then hunting for that ECO button.
That would be about my only complaint about it as well. I know I said in another thread at some point that its not a big deal to hit the ECO button again, I'm taking it back. It does become annoying. You would think that a manual two-position switch could be used that just stays in when you press it. ECO mode could then just be ignored when its not appropriate. Sometimes I think that things are over-engineered.

Old 11-10-2007, 05:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wes878
Just keep pushing the "mode" button. It will eventually get to the defrost/foot setting. I want it to blow warm air on the windshield so it won't fog. But I don't need the a/c to be running as well, and I want the ECO to stay on! I don't know why this impossible to do.
All cars will have their A/C turned on with defrost. Even if there is no indication on dash. If A/C dont work then it is a different story, but you need it for that.

Old 11-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Enthusiast

This must be a recent development. My '96 camry did not do that. It just blew the air on the windshield instead of out the vent. Unless I turned the a/c on of course.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crasher
All cars will have their A/C turned on with defrost. Even if there is no indication on dash. If A/C dont work then it is a different story, but you need it for that.
All cars that have automatic climate control will have their A/C turned on with defrost. Even if there is no indication on dash. If A/C dont work then it is a different story, but you need it for that.