Frt Fog Fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Question Frt Fog Fuse?

OK, what is the frt fog fuse under the dash for? Without fogs on the TCH, I was under the impression from others here on the forum that there was no wiring for the fogs. Confused why there is a 15A fuse in the fuse box. Can anyone help?

Old 04-10-2008, 08:22 AM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Frt Fog Fuse?

It's not shown in the 2007 TCH Electrical Wiring Diagram. I don't have a wiring diagram for the later TCH models, but it sounds as if they might be pre-wired for fog lamps, at least as far as the fuse-box.

Stan

Attached Files
Old 04-10-2008, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by UWAdventurer
OK, what is the frt fog fuse under the dash for? Without fogs on the TCH, I was under the impression from others here on the forum that there was no wiring for the fogs. Confused why there is a 15A fuse in the fuse box. Can anyone help?
Is this a US built or Japan built TCH?

Old 04-10-2008, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by SPL
It's not shown in the 2007 TCH Electrical Wiring Diagram. I don't have a wiring diagram for the later TCH models, but it sounds as if they might be pre-wired for fog lamps, at least as far as the fuse-box.

Stan
Funny, I looked in the wiring diagram too and could not find it. I was going to check out my 2007 to see if I had that fuse at all.

It would not surprise me if they put all of the wiring in place but just didn't install the lights. A lot of manufacturers do this kind of thing because it is just cheaper to have one set up than a bunch of set ups. I know Toyota has done this in the past.

Update:
Yup, the 2007 has the fuse too. Mine is US built.

Last edited by mikieboyblue; 04-10-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:43 PM

It's a 2008 built in KY. I will look at it more this weekend and see what I can figure out. Got some great info from Randyman about running the wiring and verifying where I was thinking about mounting my switch.

I need a service manual or wiring diagrams, can anyone help with something online? Might consider buying a manual. Anyone know where I can order it and the cost?

Thanks everyone!

Old 04-10-2008, 05:05 PM

Thanks SPL! I will have to print this and look it over, probably need to buy some ink for the printer...WOW!

Thanks again.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by UWAdventurer
It's a 2008 built in KY. I will look at it more this weekend and see what I can figure out. Got some great info from Randyman about running the wiring and verifying where I was thinking about mounting my switch.

I need a service manual or wiring diagrams, can anyone help with something online? Might consider buying a manual. Anyone know where I can order it and the cost?

Thanks everyone!
There have been some CD-ROM based versions on Ebay. I think the actual, from Toyota, publication is a few hundred. But I might be wrong. I have the 2007. That's where I got your timing chain info from.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

About a year ago I asked a similar question in this forum about the harness and the fuse. A member who said he was also an aircraft mechanic told me he had a Japanese built Camry. He said his car was pre-wired for fog lights, and the harness was already there. He went on to tell me that the Japanese versions were better...yada, yada, yada.

I was just happy to get mine, I waited 3 months on a list. Meanwhile my dependable Honda was going through it's death dance and I had to have $2000 worth of repairs just before I traded it in!! Anyway, I was happy to get my US Built Hybrid - not like I had a choice.

When I was installing my fog lights, I removed all of the under carriage covers and the rubber socket cover, I did not see anything that looked like a fog light harness. I too have the fuse but I don't know where it goes.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Randyman
About a year ago I asked a similar question in this forum about the harness and the fuse. A member who said he was also an aircraft mechanic told me he had a Japanese built Camry. He said his car was pre-wired for fog lights, and the harness was already there. He went on to tell me that the Japanese versions were better...yada, yada, yada.

I was just happy to get mine, I waited 3 months on a list. Meanwhile my dependable Honda was going through it's death dance and I had to have $2000 worth of repairs just before I traded it in!! Anyway, I was happy to get my US Built Hybrid - not like I had a choice.

When I was installing my fog lights, I removed all of the under carriage covers and the rubber socket cover, I did not see anything that looked like a fog light harness. I too have the fuse but I don't know where it goes.
I wonder if it is hot? Does anyone have the equipment to test that? I don't...well...other than my finger.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:02 AM

I am going to check to see if it is hot, and try to identify what color the wires are going to the fuse. Unfortunately, getting old does not lend itself to crawling under the dash! LOL! it's very tight. I will advise what I can figure out.

Quick Reply: Frt Fog Fuse?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands