great dealer experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 05:36 AM
Enthusiast
Default great dealer experience

Just wanted to give props to my dealer in Gaithersburg, MD. If you are in the northern VA/ D.C. area I would check out Fitzgerald Toyota. My salesman was Hank Theiry, who was great!!! He knew I was from out of town so didn't bother to push service agreements or add-ons that would require me to come back. Also they have straight forward pricing on the website (fitzmall.com). I took a look only because another forum member posted a great experience as well. I got a titanium silver with sunroof at ~$800 below MSRP. I got plenty of offers for full MSRP at other dealers, but I didn't even have to ask with this dealer. They made it clear that their internet price was the real deal which included frieght, no hidden fees, just $99 for processing my out of state tags.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:08 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: great dealer experience

Good deal. Unfortunately everyone was MSRP around here.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:34 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: great dealer experience

I considered Fitzmall, as they were indeed offering the TCH for $700-$900 off MSRP, but that deal was only at the MD location, and we're in PA (the PA Fitzmall was doing MSRP). In the end, we got ours for effectively $200-ish off MSRP at a local dealer because our TCH did not come with the mat set, and when we expressed concern about it the dealer ordered us a set and didn't charge us. Our local dealer also has some service discounts and some freebies like free inspections for all family vehicles, so in the end it's pretty close to a wash. Our local dealer DID give us the hard sell for an extended warranty at list price, and I almost walked out at that point, though.

If I lived closer to the Fitzmall MD location, I would have probably bought there.