Hardware unlock for Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 05:53 AM
Dazed and Confused
Default Re: Hardware unlock for Navigation

We are in Texas, so we are not in a cool climate, but I Goose and Duck hunt. Barrett will spend most of his life indoors in our house where we keep the a/c running liek an ice box. Everybody, I have spoken to claims they are not hard headed, but just misunderstood. If you don't keep their mind peroccupied by working them, then they can get into quite a bit of trouble. They are very smart dogs, and tend to think for themselves. That is where they can get the hard headed tag, but if you train them early to work how you would like them to work, then this great mind of theirs can work for you more than against you. But even with that, they still have their own personality, and can get into trouble.

It should be an experience.

Back on topic, I was able to run a bunch of my errands last night, so I might be able to start hacking on my car tonight. I really want to do it this week while I have the truck to drive if the car is not fully reassembled.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:07 AM
Dazed and Confused

I was able to finish installing the speed pulse generator last night. I started the installation on Wednesday night, but had to stop since I did not have any quick taps to tap into the power outlet lines to feed the speed pulse generator.

After I buttoned everything back up, I went for a test drive.

It works great. The maps does act funny when it is engaged, and the mapping is not really accurate, but once you flip it back off, the map works just fine. The wheels on the energy screen also stop spinning when it is engaged.

I also loaded the software from the 7.1 disk that came with my truck, and now I have no I Agree Screen as well as full override functions while driving down the road.

Woo-Hoo!

On another note, I went ahead and plugged in a CD-ROM audio cable into the back of the raido while it was out, so I don't have to dig into the dash to install a backup camera. The other end of the cable is routed to just above the gas pedal for future tie-in.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:12 AM
Active Enthusiast

any chance you would be willing to upload a backup of your 7.1 disc?

Old 10-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nyceshirtz
Strictly for safekeeping, of course...

Old 10-25-2007, 06:12 AM
Dazed and Confused

Originally Posted by nyceshirtz
Sorry, Two issues come up.

1. This would not be legal by any stretch of the imagination. Just like P2P music file sharing, you are stealing by not getting it in a legal manner.

2. Hoasting a dual layer DVD that is full would eat up way too much storage space, and the number hits it would get would just eat up way too much band width.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ag4ever
2. Hoasting a dual layer DVD that is full would eat up way too much storage space, and the number hits it would get would just eat up way too much band width.
Actually, there are a number of free sites that you could upload the files to. One example is rapidshare.com. They have a 100MB per file limit, but they allow for split files and have a utility that will split it up for you and upload it. This would be useful for creating a new version that has the loading file from v5.1 nav to enable the manual override coupled with the updated maps. It's not difficult.