Help with my new TCH

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 06:24 AM
Driving in stealth mode
Default Re: Help with my new TCH

1. Can't Answer I have an 07. 2. I don't think that's an option unless you have an after market alarm. 3. The touch sequence requires that you have the hacked NAV CD. There is a sequence with the lights but it gets you to a different screen if I remember right. The touch sequence allows you to over ride the NAV system so that you can input destinations while moving.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Help with my new TCH

Originally Posted by coolshock1
1. Can't Answer I have an 07. 2. I don't think that's an option unless you have an after market alarm. 3. The touch sequence requires that you have the hacked NAV CD. There is a sequence with the lights but it gets you to a different screen if I remember right. The touch sequence allows you to over ride the NAV system so that you can input destinations while moving.
Originally Posted by JennyM
I have had my 08 TCH now for over 2 months and love it! I am curious about three things:

1. I do not get the Agree screen, just a warning if I go to map -- for the 08/09 -- do you still see that? I know 07 had it; but they are able to override the navigation system which is nice.

2. I read in the manual that you can change a setting that allows you to open the windows of your car with the fob; has anyone done this successfully yet?

3. I tried to access the maintenance screen using the top left and bottom left touch sequency, but it does not work for me. I thought I remembered someone writing about a way to access this screen with the light options. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, how did you get around it?

Thanks -- love to come here and read all of the posts!
1. The agree screen and all other navigation software related functions are based on the version of navigation software you have. Since you an 08, it is possible you might have the 7.1 version of the navigation software. The 7.1 version does not have the agree screen but has a warning instead. You can determine which version you have be removing your disc and looking at the disc label. There is also a way to determine it in the system but I cannot remember the sequence of commands. Navigation software 6.1 and lower have an agree screen requiring the user to select 'I Agree'.

2. (As Dan mentioned) I am pretty sure that is not an option on the Hybrid. It appears to be an option on the XLE I think. The Service Manual has a list of customizable features and it includes various window and moon roof FOB features that do not work and cannot be set as far as any on this forums knows. An after market security system or remote start might offer such a feature. The Toyota VIP system does not (as far as I know since I have it).

3. (As Dan mentioned) You need a hacked navigation disc (uses the v5.1 firmware loading file) to be able to access the override. This means the volume screen - top left/bottom left - panel will not work. I believe the other sequences to access additional menus (such as the one to change the bluetooth volume) will still work with v7.1.

If I am wrong about any of the above, hopefully someone will correct me. It's been awhile.

In addition, make sure you check out the FAQ as it contains a few of the "hacks."

Mike