Hidden screen unlocks NAV/phone functions

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 12:55 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hidden screen unlocks NAV/phone functions

Originally Posted by dalerb
That's not the version of the software, it's the version of the map data DVD. I don't believe a newer version of the map data would change the functionality of the underlying software.
Not exactly true. I have had contact with a Lexus Master Technician who told me that the DVD contains not only the map data but also software/firmware updates.

Every car I have heard of has had the 05.1 version of the software so this 06.1 version may be having an effect here.

Old 08-31-2006, 01:33 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by jhfarr73
Not exactly true. I have had contact with a Lexus Master Technician who told me that the DVD contains not only the map data but also software/firmware updates.
Correct.

Old 08-31-2006, 05:24 PM
Enthusiast

Can someone burn a copy of v6. I have v5.1 and it's missing highways that have been build for years.

Old 08-31-2006, 05:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by B-Red-TCH
Can someone burn a copy of v6. I have v5.1 and it's missing highways that have been build for years.
Yea how does that work? And will it work? I would be happy to pay disc, shipping and a little something extra.

Old 09-03-2006, 02:51 PM
Enthusiast

I too have ver 6.1 for the DVD and cannot access the override. I've tried it fast, slow, stopped, and moving.

Replying to this post since I could not reply directly to Paciic85.

Old 09-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Enthusiast

I also cannot get the override to work. I must have v 6.1 since I just got my car yesterday. I'm already sick of the "i agree" and not being able to use the nav while I drive.

Old 09-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Would those who have version 6.1 mind posting their production number? I'm curious about when the switch took place. My TCH was built in July, I took delivery on August 22, my production number is 18306 (last five digits of the VIN) and I have DVD version 5.1.

Thanks.

Old 09-03-2006, 05:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I was hoping someone with the newer software version could do me a favor!

I posted this in a different thread, but haven't gotten a response yet.

Can you look at the map of the Grand Rapids, MI area and tell me if highway M-6 (also known as the Paul B. Henry Freeway) connects all the way between I-196 on the western end and I-96 on the eastern end (this should be about a twenty mile stretch of highway). Mine only shows it connecting between I-96 and M-37 (about a 3-mile stretch on the eastern end), and I am trying to get my dealer to "comp" me the updated version of the DVD for free.

Also, for the override function, are you touching the small volume icon in the upper left, then the blank area in the lower left corner, then repeating? It would suck if this doesn't work in the new version, but I might be willing to deal with it if I have full routing capability around Grand Rapids! (This might be a tough decision, though, since the mp3 CD function is affected by the override, as well as the Nav).

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by spam2000
I also cannot get the override to work. I must have v 6.1 since I just got my car yesterday. I'm already sick of the "i agree" and not being able to use the nav while I drive.
With a little pre-planning you can use the NAV while in motion. You can program your destinations at one-button favorites. THose work. Also NAV voice commands work while in motion. I haven't had the best of luck with the NAV recognizing my commands 100% of the time though.
J

Old 09-10-2006, 05:18 PM
Enthusiast

Hi spiff72,
I have ver.06.1 and yes, M-6 runs all the way between I-96 and I-196 on the maps.

I also cannot get into the service menu to override the motion lock-out on the nav using the posted procedure. :-(

Mike

Quick Reply: Hidden screen unlocks NAV/phone functions

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands