Hidden screen unlocks NAV/phone functions

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hidden screen unlocks NAV/phone functions

Originally Posted by mkrzywonski
Hi spiff72,
I have ver.06.1 and yes, M-6 runs all the way between I-96 and I-196 on the maps.

I also cannot get into the service menu to override the motion lock-out on the nav using the posted procedure. :-(

Mike
Thanks, Mike.

I am hoping someone can find out what the new sequence is to access the service menu (assuming that it still exists)...

Old 09-10-2006, 06:47 PM
Arrow Re: Hidden screen unlocks NAV/phone functions

It has to exist. It has always existed. Tundra Solutions has info on various models of Toyotas and Lexuseseses (Lexi?), if anyone might want to see historically what's been used as secret codes in the past. That's where I learned this trick originally. Wow... if it's been eliminated on v6.1, then maybe my early '07 will be worth more!

Old 09-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

Has anyone found out if 6.1 is for purchase yet?

Old 09-10-2006, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by RCFlyer
Has anyone found out if 6.1 is for purchase yet?
I left a voicemail for my salesman asking about it. I will post here when I find out.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:34 PM
HAPPY TCH OWNER

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
I picked up this tip from another site. If your Camry has a NAV system, you can OVERRIDE the programming of your system, thereby allowing you access to certain NOT-normally-available functions while driving.

At least two things are possible by using the OVERRIDE feature: you can manually enter addresses while driving, and you can access normally locked-out features (phone book and manual dialing, for example) of your Bluetooth phone.

Here's a summary. It takes seconds to do, and is simpler than the explanation would lead you to believe.

On the panel to the left of the NAV screen, press MENU and then on the touchscreen, press VOLUME. Then, in the upper left corner of the touchscreen, press the speaker icon once. Then, in the lower left corner of the touchscreen, where NO icon exists (blank), press once. Then repeat the last two steps, pressing the speaker icon and the blank lower left corner again. To summarize, the sequence is:

MENU > VOLUME > VOLUME ICON > BLANK >VOLUME ICON > BLANK

This will bring up a HIDDEN touchscreen. To use the locked-out features of NAV and Bluetooth, touch and hold the OVERRIDE button for five seconds. It will turn blue to indicate you have highlighted it. That's it! However, the OVERRIDE will be discontinued when you power off your car, and you will need to repeat this procedure each time.

NOTE: YOU CAN ACTIVATE OVERRIDE AT ANY TIME WHILE YOU ARE DRIVING. THIS DOES NOT HAVE TO BE ACTIVATED WHILE STOPPED. THEREFORE, YOU CAN LEAVE IT ALONE UNTIL NEEDED.

Obviously, Toyota has locked out some features for safety reasons, but on long trips it may be useful to search for a restaurant while you're driving, or dial a phone number from your saved phonebook. I haven't yet been able to check if CALLER ID is available when OVERRIDE is used, but that would be excellent, too!
Does not work on '07's

Old 07-26-2008, 08:34 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hey guys I was just on the costal website and they show a camry with NAV and a movie playing on it! It says all features unlocked! and says coming soon. So it looks like our friends over there have not forgotten about us camry hybrid drivers. just thought I would pass that along.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:47 AM
HAPPY TCH OWNER

Originally Posted by cngrevolution
Hey guys I was just on the costal website and they show a camry with NAV and a movie playing on it! It says all features unlocked! and says coming soon. So it looks like our friends over there have not forgotten about us camry hybrid drivers. just thought I would pass that along.
Great news but I can't find it. Would you mind posting the link?

Old 07-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Active Enthusiast

http://www.coastaletech.com/

scroll down about half way and you will see it!

Old 07-29-2008, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by roseng
Does not work on '07's
Actually, it does. It is not dependent on your car's model year but the version/year of the NAV disc. If you want to use this hack on nav disc 6.1+ you need to create a modified version using the 5.1 loading.kwi file (firmware).

Old 06-11-2010, 10:53 PM
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Question Re: which version?

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
MENU > VOLUME > VOLUME ICON > BLANK >VOLUME ICON > BLANK
Thanks for posting this (though I know it was a long ago by now). Just tried it on my used '08 TCH and it didn't work, so my Navi disc must be a different version than the "5.1".

From the description in this thread ( https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...av-disk-17739/ ), mine might be "7.1".

How do I tell which version I have, by the way?

Thanks,
- PiroChu

Quick Reply: Hidden screen unlocks NAV/phone functions

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands