Hybrid Camry Concept Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid Camry Concept Vehicle

Ah nevermind then. Don't want to get anyone in trouble. Here's a link i found from cnet Australia, with more views including the back and a short video. Blue is becoming more dominant in the color schemes including the lights: http://www.cnet.com.au/cartech/cars/...9295353,00.htm

Old 03-11-2009, 07:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

I think (hope) the blue is just for the concept car. It makes it look more edgy I guess, but personally, I think it looks ridiculous and hope that doesn't find a place in the final production models. "Blue wall" low profile tires? Like they say in the article, it'd kind of defeat the purpose of a hybrid to have low rolling resistance tires and big clunky chrome wheels.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ElkGroveGreen
Could you possibly scan the pages? Thanks
I'm not ignoring you. I haven't been online for a while. But Haroldo is right, Consumer Reports REALLY objects to anyone copying their content. Thanks jbollt for the pictures, they were far better than the one in CR.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Al Froio
Thanks jbollt for the pictures, they were far better than the one in CR.
You're welcome, Al!

I'm not sure I like this new front end...Guess I will have to see it in person..they said "hits dealers March 2009", that would be now...maybe I'll stop by the dealer tomorrow for a look...

Old 03-12-2009, 01:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

After years of having cars with "friendly" faces, the manufacturers are opting for more "mean" looking appearances that seem to say "get out of my way".
I'm not saying that this model is going to inspire fear in the hearts of drivers, especially when granny, and a few mileage efficiency experts, are tooling around in their new Camrys at 43 MPH, but this has been a trend of late (IMHO).