Insulation around muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Insulation around muffler?

KimikoPi,
After much thought and close inspection of the muffler on my TCH, I've come to the conclusion that you are referring to the "chrome exhaust tip" which is standard equipment. It is a non-functional part but if you like the way it looks you should certainly insist it be replaced. I expect they are readily available from dealers. Go to the Toyota web site, choose the Camry section, place the mouse pointer on the Research tab, click the Feature section in the dropdown menu and click on the Accesories tab - a picture of the part is right at the top of the list. Unfortunately, it seems Toyota's site has become even more difficult to navigate and slow to respond in the year since I last visited it. Hopefully you have a faster connection or alot of patience. Here is a link:
HTML Code:
http://www.toyota.com/camry/accessories.html

Hope that helps,
Christopher