ipod integration with DICE

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default ipod integration with DICE

I got the DICE ipod kit for my TCH and installed it today. The audio quality is outstanding and the steering wheel controls work to control the ipod. My only disappointment at this time is that I get track # and minutes and seconds on the radio display, but I do not get text info (ie artist name, track name, etc).

Anyone else have this product? Had this problem?

Old 02-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: ipod integration with DICE

I have heard that the DICE is good. I have the VAISTech solution. It is more $$$ but does support all options except the folder list. No offboard item emulating MP3 will show it.

Old 02-04-2007, 06:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the info..... DICE's website shows that the Camry option supports text when in "DICE mode", which is the mode I am running in and requires some initialization on the ipod when you first power on the the system. The DICE appears to support playlists/etc, but I have not yet tested that.

Old 02-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

Let me know how you like it once it is all setup. The reason I got the VAIS unit was that it had a really sweet integration with my Prius and that it has an AUX in for connecting DVD or another source.

Old 02-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bigsk8r
I have heard that the DICE is good. I have the VAISTech solution. It is more $$$ but does support all options except the folder list. No offboard item emulating MP3 will show it.

Hey Larry

Was the VAISTech easy to install?

Old 02-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tnsig
Hey Larry

Was the VAISTech easy to install?
Vince,

I think so, but I actually enjoy taking the car apart and putting it back together. jabagri's post on the back-up camera has all the pictures you will ever need to get to the back of the stereo. If you don't mind the time, it's fairly straight forward.

Imagine having a 99 disk CD changer that you can control from the steering wheel. A properly set up 30 GB iPod can be just that.

Old 02-05-2007, 05:05 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bigsk8r
Vince,

I think so, but I actually enjoy taking the car apart and putting it back together. jabagri's post on the back-up camera has all the pictures you will ever need to get to the back of the stereo. If you don't mind the time, it's fairly straight forward.

Imagine having a 99 disk CD changer that you can control from the steering wheel. A properly set up 30 GB iPod can be just that.
Very good. I'll have to add that to the list of things I want to eventually do.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:56 PM
Enthusiast

hey who has the pics on how to get to the back of the radio to install an ipod adapter or camera?

Old 05-24-2007, 06:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jshuster
hey who has the pics on how to get to the back of the radio to install an ipod adapter or camera?
Search the forum for rear camera or something like that. There is a very detailed how-to.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ht=rear+camera

Last edited by mikieboyblue; 05-24-2007 at 06:03 AM.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have talked with DICE who has confirmed text should work on their DICE Ipod kit in the TCH. They are sending me a replacement unit. Fortunately, I put the unit in the big storage compartment at the bottom of the center instrument stack so I won't have to take apart the car again to plug in the replacement.

IMPORTANT NOTE: According to tech, there is an "MP3 mode" which is NOT listed in the documentation and is how you get ipod text on the radio. Their tech said: "What xxxx meant was that MP3 mode is with the second car switch in the ON (down) postion. So basically, from left to right, the switches should be UP, DOWN, UP, UP (Off, On, Off, Off). Make sure to reconnect the DICE module after changing the switches. "

I tried this MP3 mode and, well, no dice. Sorry, couldn't resist the pun. I will report back once my replacement unit arrives.

With an 80GB ipod (about half full) I never listen to the radio or CDs and have no urge for XM. Wish the ipod have wifi so I could update it from the garage!

Quick Reply: ipod integration with DICE

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands