Just got mine - voice activation confirmation

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Enthusiast
Default Just got mine - voice activation confirmation

I've been on the waiting list here in Iowa, since before the Superbowl ads. Finally got mine. I was supposed to get it 3 weeks ago, but apparently it decided to get a little wild on the trip over from Japan, and needed a nose job. They replaced the bumper panel, and gave it to me today.

Fully loaded, Barcelona Red (Sorry steven!)

So far, I love it love it love it. I was a bit worried, moving from a V6 Passat, about the power and speed, but so far no worries.

My only complaint : In Gods name, is there a way to turn off all of the confirmations with the voice activated stuff? I want to push the button, then say my stuff, not say a command, wait for the message, push a button, say a command, wait for the response, push the button etc. There has to be an "expert" mode somewhere!

Old 06-30-2006, 09:59 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Just got mine - voice activation confirmation

Agree agree!

Old 07-06-2006, 07:34 AM
Enthusiast

I found the answer, in the setup screen, there is an option for "voice activation guidance" that you can turn off, and then it is much more terse for the voice activation stuff. There is a second option that turns off the navigation guidance (turn left now) that is named almost the same, so if it doesn't work, make sure you flipped the right one.

Old 07-06-2006, 07:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

Weeeee! Can't wait to try it out!

Thanks for figuring this out!

Old 07-06-2006, 08:12 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I just got my Bluetooth phone on Friday so it's been less than a week for me. I'm going to let the car prompt me until I'm a little more comfortable with the system. Then I'll also tell it to shut-up