Just got our new Desert Sand Mica Camry Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 05:20 PM
Enthusiast
Default Just got our new Desert Sand Mica Camry Hybrid

Really enjoying this forum about the Camry Hybrids. I sold privately our 2005 Murano and replaced it with the Camry Hybrid. Only drove around 60 miles so far and all locally and am finding it very comfortable to drive and the performance is very acceptable. The Murano was on short trips giving around 13 and 14 mpg and trips between 22 and 24mpg. It appears local driving will give much better milages and possible triple the 13mpg.

Old 08-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Just got our new Desert Sand Mica Camry Hybrid

congratulations and welcome

Old 08-31-2006, 10:09 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Just got our new Desert Sand Mica Camry Hybrid

Welcome, Bruss.

Hmmm, Desert Sand... ability to cross great deserts on a single tank... you could name your new beast "El Camello."

Old 09-01-2006, 05:51 AM
Enthusiast

Congratulations on your TCH

Old 09-01-2006, 06:42 AM
Enthusiast

Welcome to the group! I'll tell you that the "feel good" emotion you have right now, will only increase as you drive. I LOVE mine

Old 09-01-2006, 07:59 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

I have a DSM TCH too.
The kids think the color is "boring" but it sure doesn't show the dust.

J

Old 09-01-2006, 08:18 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Funny, I almost bought a Murano. I decided not to becasue I have a Highlander and I did not need 2 gas guzzlers. We have kept the Highlander parked since we bought the TCH. Me and my wife work together so we carpool.

Old 09-01-2006, 08:32 AM
Camry Hybrid Newbie

I also just got my Desert Sand Mica Camry Hybrid yesterday. It took several weeks to get but from what I have been reading, that's not bad at all.

Before I picked it up, my 13 year old daughter said that the color was a old lady's color. Now that I have the car, she thinks that it is "awsome". Many of her friends want to drive hybrids when they are old enough. I guess that I will be the hero when picking her up at the school.

I guess that I still have a long way to go and quite a bit to learn but, after just 22 hours of owning the car and only a few of those in the car itself, my mileage is now averaging over 33 and still rising. Based upon what I have read from you all, I expect this to exceed 36ish.

Old 09-01-2006, 02:06 PM
WVGasGuy

I like the Desert Sand color. Then again I'm 52 and probably qualify as "old man" and practical.

I have the titanium, becuause that's all I could get at the time and it too is good for looking clean without a lot of trouble.

Old 09-01-2006, 05:02 PM
joe540ci

I also just got my Desert Sand Mica Camry Hybrid and I had no choice, I don't think i would pick a different color if I could,I love it.I also have the highlander hibrid and now that i get close to 40MPG with the camry ,trying to get good milage on the hihy is not any fun anymore. JOE

Quick Reply: Just got our new Desert Sand Mica Camry Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands