Kentucky Plant Tour

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Kentucky Plant Tour

Originally Posted by flopshot
It's possible that dealer is still working on allocation that was assigned prior to KY plant coming online. Sooner or later, all dealers will be getting the KY cars.
I just placed a factory order on Monday. I hope my TCH is coming from Kentucky as it should get here faster.

Old 01-20-2007, 06:58 PM
Dazed and Confused

Originally Posted by Bigsk8r
Sounds like you want to organize it again!
Actually, he is trying to organize it again. He posted the question in one of the other "generic" forums.

I believe the tenative date is in October, and he is trying to make it a bigger "hybrid" event. Bob would like all the help he can get to get this rolling, and at the least would like some feedback on whether it is desired to have an event at the factory.

Old 01-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tnsig
One of the dealers I went to and asked to factory order my TCH said they aren't building TCH's in Kentucky yet. He said they are all still coming from Japan. Either they are clueless or there is a reason they are only getting their TCH's from Japan.

Glad you guys had a good time.

Mine is a Kentucky TCH, purchased around 2 weeks ago. I am pretty picky and can tell you I have gone over this thing inside and out. So far, no problems other than a minor paint flaw that was caused sometime after leaving the factory. The dealer is taking me to a local body shop to get the flaw repaired, which is overkill. All I need is a little touch up paint, but the dealer....Kokomo Auto World in Kokomo Indiana is awesome. They are at www.kokomoautoworld.com. They have 2 TCH's coming in but both are pre-sold. Ask for Tymon Whitefield in Toyota Sales, 800-648-4111 and tell him Kevin from Fort Wayne referred you.

They will deliver the car within a couple of hours at no cost also.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:51 AM
Engineering first

Hi folks,

I've posted a web page with a group photo. However, I didn't get all of the names matched to the faces. If folks will PM with corrections, I'll update the page:

http://hiwaay.net/~bzwilson/prius/pri_tour.html

Thanks again for all who made it that cold and wet day.

Bob Wilson