Keyless Entry problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 12:11 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Keyless Entry problem

Funny you should mention that, I was just on smarthome and nokey looking for deadbolts that might interface with Homelink.

There is one RF deadbolt made by Morning but I'm having trouble finding if it works with the Homelink system. Looks like it should, but I need to do more research.

Old 08-31-2006, 12:17 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent
Default Re: Keyless Entry problem

Originally Posted by flopshot
There is a sensor on the inside of the door handle. The drivers side is always active, there is no option to turn it off. Therefore, if your doors don't unlock when you touch the inside of the door handle, then you have an actual malfunction, and you should visit your service dept.

Also, I've found that my cell phone conflicts with my key fob. When I have the two in the same pocket, the car does not detect the presence of the fob, and nothing works (door locks, keyless starter, etc). As soon as I take my cell phone out of my pocket, everything is fine.
The manual says a Cell Phone can damage the Smart Key Fob.