KSport Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 02:54 AM
Enthusiast
Default KSport Coilovers

i'm interested in these cuz they're height adjustable... anyone have them or can recommend something better?

Old 10-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: KSport Coilovers

FYI, there are no springs/coilovers designed to hold the extra weight of the hybrid battery in the trunk. And all the 07+ Camry coilovers on the market have had poor reviews. Wait for the Tein coilovers if they ever come out.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:52 PM

What does a coilover do?

Old 10-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Old Boomer Techie

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
What does a coilover do?
It's a suspension thing. Basically an add-on component for a MacPherson Strut that is a coil of external spring that goes around it.

They are frequently used to beef up a stock suspension or for lowering a chassis.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Enthusiast

tein's had over a year, and its not even listed as "in development" so yeah, i've used tein in a couple other cars... but i dont think they're gonna do the camry till there's enough request... so maybe can you guys start requesting that they make 07+ camry coils/springs?

sales@tein.com

and @mikieboyblue, certain ones can be used to make the car lower or higher... like airbags... but cheaper.... expecially compared to springs, cuz in 'bout year, the shox will blow, and you're gonna have to change those NEway...

@flopshot-ksport for 07camry has 36 levels of stiffness- so you really think our extra battery weight can't be offset by putting them on a different stiffness setting?

Old 10-09-2007, 10:44 AM

Thanks for the education Jay and Bob.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by noservice2001
tein's had over a year, and its not even listed as "in development" so yeah, i've used tein in a couple other cars... but i dont think they're gonna do the camry till there's enough request... so maybe can you guys start requesting that they make 07+ camry coils/springs?

sales@tein.com

and @mikieboyblue, certain ones can be used to make the car lower or higher... like airbags... but cheaper.... expecially compared to springs, cuz in 'bout year, the shox will blow, and you're gonna have to change those NEway...

@flopshot-ksport for 07camry has 36 levels of stiffness- so you really think our extra battery weight can't be offset by putting them on a different stiffness setting?
Without knowing exactly how coilovers are engineered, I would think that a particular stiffness setting is to give the suspension a particular height while still providing a level of comfort. If you put the coilovers on a very stiff setting, just so that it can handle the extra weight that it was not designed for, then your car may not rub but the ride will be extremely harsh.

FYI, to combat this exact problem, I have TRD springs in my front wheels but I used SE springs in my rears. (see previous threads I've made about "Dropped TCH")

Old 02-02-2008, 04:58 AM
Enthusiast

any problems to date flopshot?

Old 02-03-2008, 10:41 PM

No problems, even with the springs settling after the initial install.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands