Made the Choice - pulled the trigger

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 01:46 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Made the Choice - pulled the trigger

Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Fully loaded - Blue - Nav - Bisque - Spoiler - Bumper Applicque
I've seen a couple of the Blue Ribbon Camrys and - WOW - it's NICE. It looked a bit too bright to me when viewing on the web site, but now that I've seen it in real life, I think it's just about perfect. <sigh> I love my Titanium Metallic TCH but boy, if I could find a Blue Ribbon with leather only ... I'd be sorely tempted.

Old 09-25-2006, 05:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Toyohybrid
Could you please explain how you did install clear bra? Where did you buy? Was it very difficult?
You misread my sentence, I have not yet installed the 3M clear bra, that is planned for the future. I am going to buy the full-frontal 3M Paint Protection kit from a seller on EBay for $270.

Old 09-26-2006, 07:47 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flopshot
You misread my sentence, I have not yet installed the 3M clear bra, that is planned for the future. I am going to buy the full-frontal 3M Paint Protection kit from a seller on EBay for $270.
I see. I would like to do it as well, but a little hesitation since I am not a handy man! Please let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:48 AM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

On installing the Invisible Bras -

I consider myself a fairly adept and mechanically knowledgable individual with a fair amount of body work background in my Racecar and Hot-Rod businesses.
The last time I went to try and install one of these kits on my Factory Five Cobra, I was amazed at how well it did NOT work.
The product I bought was from InvinciSheild (they're on the web) and it is made of 3m material. I have all the proper equipment including a heat-gun and have installed a few miles of vinyl graphics on literally dozens of cars. I'll grant you that it takes a special touch to be able to install graphics and an even higher degree of proficiency at installing vinyl over surfaces with compound curvatures.
Evidently my level of proficiency is not high enough to make the grade..
That said - The kit cost $250 for my FFR. My dealer charges $300 for the kit installed. I think I'm gonna let him make another $50 on me...

BTW - InvinciSheild has a video on their website where you can watch Cooter and Bubba install the product on a car.. Crummy video. They make it look pretty easy. Then again, maybe they's already wrecked a few hundred feet of the stuff in practicing...

Old 09-27-2006, 01:44 PM
Enthusiast

Randy, message me and I will give you the # of the gal that has done my last eleven vehicals. good, resonable.

Old 09-28-2006, 05:36 AM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

Great Gary - PM on the way!