Is it me... or the wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 04:12 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Is it me... or the wiring?

I'm looking for a 12 volt wire under the dash to make the switch in a relay. Low current draw. I want a wire that shuts off with the ignition. I'm not having any luck finding a suitable wire. Can someone help? If you can, can you advise the color and location?

Old 05-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Is it me... or the wiring?

Originally Posted by UWAdventurer
I'm looking for a 12 volt wire under the dash to make the switch in a relay. Low current draw. I want a wire that shuts off with the ignition. I'm not having any luck finding a suitable wire. Can someone help? If you can, can you advise the color and location?
i cant help you with color, but if you look in the back of the storage compartment with the "garage door type cover" behind the shifter console there is a cigarette lighter adapter in the back left. this adapter is only on when the ignition is on. you can tap into that wire if you want!

Last edited by nyceshirtz; 05-17-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:41 AM

Thanks, I had checked that before and though it was hot all the time but checked it again and you are right. Thanks.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

UWA, was wondering what "hybrid" tint is? I saw it in your mod list and was curious. thanks!

Old 05-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nyceshirtz
i cant help you with color, but if you look in the back of the storage compartment with the "garage door type cover" behind the shifter console there is a cigarette lighter adapter in the back left. this adapter is only on when the ignition is on. you can tap into that wire if you want!
I have a sub amp under my passenger seat and I used that wire for the remote turn-on lead. Works great! And isn't it nice how easy the center console pieces just pop right out? Made that job a snap!

Old 05-19-2008, 03:43 PM

Hybrid window tint has some metallic elements to it but is not a full metallic tint.