Misinformation on car-seat.org

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 06:38 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Misinformation on car-seat.org

Has anyone else here noticed this thread and cringed? http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=347003

It is loaded with misconceptions and downright erroneous information.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:02 AM
Default Re: Misinformation on car-seat.org

The internet allows anyone to say anything about any topic they wish, without even the slightest clue as to what they are talking about.
Momma used to say "...believe half of what you see and none of what you hear ..." (or something like that, I really wasn't listening too closely)

Last edited by haroldo; 02-17-2008 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:33 AM

Pretty funny if you asked me. I was surprised at very polite IMO correction regarding the headlights discharging NIMH traction battery. Where do they get crazy nonsense like this? Are they even aware that remote and push button start up is not hybrid specific, but option on some higher end "normal" cars? I drove my father's car into the wall when I was 5 yr old, by taking the car out of gear and releasing hand brake, making the car roll down the hill, so one should never under estimate small child's capability of hurting itself and others, but it is helpful if parents have better idea how things work than their children. Some of those posts make me wonder. I hope they never go to that game show "are you smarter than a fifth grader", it would be embarrassing.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hmm... I clicked on the link and got this:
"Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
Guess they realized their mistake.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:42 AM

Yup. The whole thread seems to have vanished. Too bad, because I took the trouble to sign up there yesterday, and left what I thought was a fairly reasonable and thorough response. Oh well.