MPG ouch!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default MPG ouch!

OK, I do honestly believe the car's priorities are in the right place, but it's still worth mentioning the milage of the TCH is abysmal in compact snow and ice conditions. Lot's of VDIM intervention, and extremely cold (18 F) plus a short five mile trip, so I won't complain about the 25MPG since the car delivered my family safely to school and work on an awful morning. I didn't get the 'EXCELLENT' I've come to expect, but it should have said "WHEW, YOU MADE IT!" (You may have seen the traffic in and around Seattle Tuesday on the news)

Old 11-30-2006, 05:25 AM
Olde Farte
Default Re: MPG ouch!

Yes, ours too has taken a REAL hit over the last few days. Colorado uses oxygenated fuel in the winter months and we typically take about a 10% hit on mileage as the result. Now with cold-morning warm-ups and snowy driving, we are down in the low 30's.

Old 11-30-2006, 08:56 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Mine also, my usual commute in summer would give me 42 mpg consistently, now I have trouble getting 38 mpg and got as low as 35. On the other hand gas is cheap right now and it should stay that way until people start driving more in spring, but then I should get better mpg. Not bad of a deal.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:36 PM
Enthusiast

Also consider that every other vehicle on the road is experiencing some kind of drop in mileage under the same conditions. Our TCH's are looking pretty good no matter the weather.

Old 11-30-2006, 04:03 PM
Malcontent

My tank average was 42.5 until the cold weather and snow moved in.

Originally Posted by TCH2007
Yes, ours too has taken a REAL hit over the last few days. Colorado uses oxygenated fuel in the winter months and we typically take about a 10% hit on mileage as the result. Now with cold-morning warm-ups and snowy driving, we are down in the low 30's.

Old 11-30-2006, 09:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

Ditto here in Eastern WA. We have not had weather above freezing since TG and with only a 2.5 mile trip in the morning and evening my mileage has really suffered. When we 'go to town', a trip of about 12 miles, the trip mileage is pretty much as normal since the car is warmed up.

Old 12-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Enthusiast

It really helps hearing about everyone's reduced mileage during the winter - I thought I was the only one experiencing the drop in mpg. Those short drives in cold weather are brutal on the mileage. I too am from Western WA and have really been impressed with the TCH's handling in the snow and ice.

Old 12-01-2006, 03:28 PM
Enthusiast

My MPG has been consistent: 30-31 regardless of season here in CA.

Old 12-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

I still get over 43MPG with my 2007 TCH in east coast NC, and I can say for sure I have noticed 1-2MPG drop with a cold weather...

Old 12-02-2006, 04:56 AM
OCD for Gas Mileage

"And now a message from the Florida Chamber of Commerce"

Temps have been in the high 60's to low 70's here in Tampa. No A/C, traffic has been light. Just got the best mileage yet - 41.6 on the display, 40 actual.

God, don't you guys hate guys like me! LOL

Quick Reply: MPG ouch!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands