My baby's got new shoes!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 01:09 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: My baby's got new shoes!

Originally Posted by agnosto
I 2nd that, I love my Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 -- (treadwear: 440 traction: A temp: A) on my 2007 TCH... it is by far one of the best tires I have ever owned and what a quiet and smooth ride...
Amen on that!!! love my Mitches

Old 10-30-2006, 02:04 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Paulgw
[QUOTE=flopshot]Finally got my new 18"x8" Lexus GS430 wheels

Here are some Before/After pics, as well as a closeup of how close I am to the spring cover. I'm loving thse wheels, but I'm obviously biased. Let me know what you think!

Am I correct in assuming that 18 inch wheels are not an option for US market TCH's? The Canadian option list includes 18 inch alloy wheels in either eight or five spoke versions. The eight spoke are C$1,506 and the five spoke C$1,584. The cost of tires is extra.

This is what the five spoke look like:-
Those look like RAV4 Rims

Old 10-30-2006, 03:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FL07THC
Those look like RAV4 Rims
Yup, was thinking the same thing. Highlander rims look like that too, but the bolt pattern is different and can't be used on the sedans.

Originally Posted by Paulgw
Am I correct in assuming that 18 inch wheels are not an option for US market TCH's? The Canadian option list includes 18 inch alloy wheels in either eight or five spoke versions.
We in the U.S. do not have a factory option for 5 or 8 spoke 18" wheels. We only have the 10 spoke TRD wheels as a factory option. You can see it here:
http://www.toyota.com/camry/accessories.html

Old 10-30-2006, 06:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

[QUOTE=flopshot]Yup, was thinking the same thing. Highlander rims look like that too, but the bolt pattern is different and can't be used on the sedans.

It could be that Toyota's Canadian website is screwed up but these wheels definitely show up as options for the Camry hybrid.

Note, that's where I got the photo! The bolt pattern looks the same to me, five bolts evenly spaced!

Last edited by Paulgw; 10-30-2006 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:11 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

I tried to find the tire size that Toyota is putting on those 18's for the TCH...

Might have been right in front of my nose but I couldn't find it anywhere..

Old 10-31-2006, 06:08 AM
Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: My baby's got new shoes!

Originally Posted by Big-Foot
I tried to find the tire size that Toyota is putting on those 18's for the TCH...

Might have been right in front of my nose but I couldn't find it anywhere..
The recommended size from Toyota is 225/45-18...but I definitely like the look of 235/50-18 as long as there is no issue with the tire rubbing underneath, etc.

By the way, I'm supposed to be getting my new TCH (magnetic gray w/ all options) in the next few days...arrived in port over a week ago...can't wait!

Old 10-31-2006, 08:46 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Paulgw]
Originally Posted by flopshot
It could be that Toyota's Canadian website is screwed up but these wheels definitely show up as options for the Camry hybrid.

Note, that's where I got the photo! The bolt pattern looks the same to me, five bolts evenly spaced!
Oh, don't think I'm doubting you, the Canadian cars got a lot more options than the U.S. cars for some reason. For example, in the U.S. you couldn't buy a Camry Hybrid in black color until just recently when the Kentucky plant started making them.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:07 AM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

Originally Posted by maverickster
The recommended size from Toyota is 225/45-18...but I definitely like the look of 235/50-18 as long as there is no issue with the tire rubbing underneath, etc.

By the way, I'm supposed to be getting my new TCH (magnetic gray w/ all options) in the next few days...arrived in port over a week ago...can't wait!

Thanks Rick!

Old 10-31-2006, 10:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flopshot

the Canadian cars got a lot more options than the U.S. cars for some reason.

I don't know about that. Black might have not been available previously but we're missing the tire pressure gauge, the option groupings are quite different, and didn't get the huge tax breaks (before Sept. 30) that some States got. Moreover, accessories like the rear bumper applique is not available in Canada (I had to order one from the US), the cargo box is different (actually, ours looks better), etc. On the Prius, Canadians don't have the leather seating option.

Old 10-31-2006, 11:39 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Rav4 rims Sport

Quick Reply: My baby's got new shoes!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands