My very best mpg/miles in my '07 TCH

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default My very best mpg/miles in my '07 TCH

After forgetting my photobucket login for a few years, I finally found it on a yellow sticky tab paper here in my computer room. Here are some my personal best mpg/miles on a tank when driving the '07 TCH I had.

All these MFD pictures below are after I bought a new set of michelin energy saver tires back in aug, sept '09. They became a little noisy after 20K miles. Today you can buy the better mich. mxv4 primacy 93V tires which also includes the LRR feature, are quieter and last longer.

I consider my driving as combined although only about 20% was city. I do drive slow (40 to 45) to town to shop, usually at dusk and at night to achieve these higher numbers with the least traffic. I was using the cruise and no AC. Tire pressure was at 40 psi cold, Phillips 66 or Chevron 87 octane gas, 0W full synthetic oil.

That's my scangauge II mounted on the steering column you see in these pictures.

1. Below you can see my best mpg for a full tank reading, 59.5 at 778 miles.

2. Best total miles for me at 803. Not sure what I had the display set to as it didn't show the mpg. (same tank as #1)

3. Highest mpg ever for me, 61.3 at 228 miles. It then dropped into the 50's.

I won't be doing the highest miles per tank on the new XLE tch due to the risk of damaging the fuel pump. I will be filling the tank when it reaches the 1/4 mark.

mpg08-26-09.jpgmiles08-27-09_.jpgmpg09-02-09.jpg

Last edited by rburt07; 05-08-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Default Re: My very best mpg/miles in my '07 TCH

that's Scangauge results, right?
I can get mine to 120mpg.
I hate to spoil your happiness, but it's tank average data. it's a floating result. too late now, but if you have - had - nav system, you should have zeroed average and best on it - and never touch it again.
I had all kinds of fantastic mpg on tank average. but after I reset my nav in October 2010 - and didn't touch it ever since - it's 37.9.
yes, of course, over 700 miles on tank is very formidable. you must cruise at 45 all the time and live in Nevada or something real flat.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by ukrkoz
I hate to spoil your happiness, but it's tank average data. it's a floating result. too late now, but if you have - had - nav system, you should have zeroed average and best on it - and never touch it again.
I had all kinds of fantastic mpg on tank average. but after I reset my nav in October 2010 - and didn't touch it ever since - it's 37.9.
yes, of course, over 700 miles on tank is very formidable. you must cruise at 45 all the time and live in Nevada or something real flat.
No I never used the scan gauge for any mpg tank results. I did use it for instant mpg readings and collecting my daily mpg which helped me get higher mpg over the years. I did my mpg per tank by calculation for a year. I got tired of inconsistency, sometimes even at the same gas pump and drive. I found the calculated was only 1 1/2 to 2 mpg less than the trusty MFD readout.

I have stated many times here and in the ToyotaNation forms that I drive to town at 45 and return at 40 as it's very slightly downhill so I depend on the EV to increase my mpg.

Nope not Nevada, but very similar. I live near the white sands national monument in the high desert of southern new mexico. It's around 4300 feet were I do most of my driving, thus it's very dry, humidity at 5% to 10% during the warm days with little wind.

I did get the 7" screen HDD navigation on my new XLE hybrid. It also has the graph bar for the instant mpg reading, and includes a history screen which I will also use. This is all early for me on the '12 as I only used maybe 5 or 6 gallons so far. I will admit I miss my '07 as I had it down pat on getting the max mpg out of it.

Last edited by rburt07; 05-10-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

Man, really wish I had a hybrid but I'm hoping for at least another 15 years out of this car.

Your MPG and miles on a tank put mine to shame.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by ukrkoz
I don't see that it matters taking the mpg from the mfd. The '07 TCH I had didn't have navigation. If I do the calculated method, I come out with 1 1/2 mpg less. It's easier for me to use the readout and it don't vary from gas station to gas station.

I'm looking forward to seeing how I do on the mpg history screen on this new XLE TCH.