Need Advice / info on TCH

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Need Advice / info on TCH

We have a TCH built in Kentuck. Have the leather seats and they are great. The TCH is not a hot rod so forget about that. It is incredibly quiet, a terrific car that encourages you to drive for high MPG. As for paint, hey its a car, its going to get chips, etc over time. I just don't see the value in special films, etc.

Old 03-22-2007, 05:50 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nautiduck
We have a TCH built in Kentuck. Have the leather seats and they are great. The TCH is not a hot rod so forget about that. It is incredibly quiet, a terrific car that encourages you to drive for high MPG. As for paint, hey its a car, its going to get chips, etc over time. I just don't see the value in special films, etc.
I really appreciate all the feedback on the TCH. I agree with “benny” that you have to take a good test drive but it can never compare with owning and living with any car, hence why I have summoned your input. The comment from “Kris” about never going back to a conventional ICE seems to be the consensus of all TCH owners and is why I am considering this fine car. As far as “hey its a car, its going to get chips, etc over time” I agree but my concern is that the early Camry’s I have seen had more paint chips than my very old Camry. I am not one for special films either but would consider it if it made a difference. Good to hear about the leather seats. Also I did find when you needed power the TCH delivered but to plant the pedal all the time would be counter productive for MPG. I found on my test drive that this car does make (force?) you to drive differently and enjoy it.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:44 AM
Malcontent

The paint protection film definitely adds chip resistance to your car's finish:

http://www.automotivearticles.com/Clear_Bra_3M.shtml

Old 03-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Enthusiast

I totally agree with Qslugs! When I was in the market for a new car, I first looked at the Infinit Q35 and Acura TL -- both performance cars. My husband, the environmentalist in the family, was the one who convinced me to look at the Camry Hybrid. I bought the Camry, but I was afraid that I was going to regret not having all those horses under the hood.

Well, I'm not sorry! I've had mine for just one month, and I absolutely LOVE the TCH!! And I'm a totally different driver now, much more relaxed and less likely to zoom past every car on the road! I am now much more into seeing just how far I can push that gas mileage up (it is definitely true that 36.0 and 36.1 are NOT the same number hahaha). And putting the pedal to the metal is totally counterproductive to getting the best gas mileage (and of course this is true with ANY car).

I enjoy the quietness of the car (I have dubbed it StealthCar), especially when it's stopped and the engine shuts off. I am also glad that I'm not filling up with PREMIUM GAS once a week, as I would be with the performance cars. So if you want a real change of lifestyle, go for the Hybrid. You will not be sorry.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yep

BTW, it's been warm enough rescently, that I had my first tank that reached 500 miles last evening!

Today after dirving to work its at 518. I'm debating how far I should push the car, it's just about on e but I know from previous fillups I have about 2-3 more galons in there. I may just fillup over lunch, when I fillup isn't going to effect mpg anyway.

I was a bit concerned from the first couple tanks I had put into the car that it wasn't going to live up to the hype. I am pleased that I can say that I was wrong about that one. I actually can't remember when the last time I filled up was either.

And while I knew the car was quiet, I hadn't had the opportunity to drive around with the windows down. It's been too cold. This car in traffic is so quiet its ridiculous. The annoying thing now is that I have to listen to and smell everyone elses cars

Last edited by Qslugs; 03-23-2007 at 07:36 AM.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

525.8 for 14.302 gallons of gas

I was going to push it but the car was below e. Now I see I could have waited till next week!

Old 03-25-2007, 02:24 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Khabita
I totally agree with Qslugs! When I was in the market for a new car, I first looked at the Infinit Q35 and Acura TL -- both performance cars. My husband, the environmentalist in the family, was the one who convinced me to look at the Camry Hybrid. I bought the Camry, but I was afraid that I was going to regret not having all those horses under the hood.

Well, I'm not sorry! I've had mine for just one month, and I absolutely LOVE the TCH!! And I'm a totally different driver now, much more relaxed and less likely to zoom past every car on the road! I am now much more into seeing just how far I can push that gas mileage up (it is definitely true that 36.0 and 36.1 are NOT the same number hahaha). And putting the pedal to the metal is totally counterproductive to getting the best gas mileage (and of course this is true with ANY car).

I enjoy the quietness of the car (I have dubbed it StealthCar), especially when it's stopped and the engine shuts off. I am also glad that I'm not filling up with PREMIUM GAS once a week, as I would be with the performance cars. So if you want a real change of lifestyle, go for the Hybrid. You will not be sorry.
How interesting. I too have looked at the Acura TL and Infinity G35 as well as a host of others like Nissan Altima V6 SE and Maxima even drove an Acura TSX. The TCH is the one I keep coming back to. Only a Hybrid owner would compare 36.0 to 36.1…lol. As far as your quote “(I have dubbed it StealthCar)” sounds like a case for personalized license plates, a least where I am we can request it. Also my old Camry is also quiet when the engine shuts off …Ha Ha. Glad to here you are enjoying the TCH.

Old 03-25-2007, 02:25 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Qslugs
525.8 for 14.302 gallons of gas

I was going to push it but the car was below e. Now I see I could have waited till next week!
Qslugs That is really good for a first tank. I wouldn’t push it though as I have read it is not good to run out of gas in a TCH.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

.. wasn't "the first tank", but the first tank I had, that I was able to get over 500 miles

It was tank number 6 though, since January 13th. Which is awesome, more money in my pocket than with the last car.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:44 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I've currently have 612 miles on my second tank of gas...my MFD reads 42.2 MPG. I figure my actual calculation will be around 41 MPG. I'll get gas on the way home today.

A little over a week ago my MFD showed my MPG as a little over 44 MPG. We took a trip to visit my wifes' folks and I really thought I could get my MPG upwards of 45 MPG. Wrong! They live up on a plateau so that really killed my MPG. It went from 44 down to around 40-41. Fortunately I was able to bring it back up to around 42.

This car really inspires you to try and get the best MPG you can get. And as mentioned above 36.0 and 36.1 are not the same. I grew up in the Bay Area and to say I had a lead foot would be an understatement. Even after moving away from the Bay I still continued to drive like I lived there. However, over the past couple of years I've slowed down a little and now that I have the TCH I really try to keep my driving habits in check. If I'm not driving the speed limit, I'm usually 5 MPH under/over the speed limit. I have been amazed over the past month to see how many people drive WAY faster than the speed limit. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one driving the speed limit LOL. I am also suprised at the dirty looks I get for driving the speed limit. In the right lane no less LOL

Last edited by tnsig; 03-27-2007 at 05:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Need Advice / info on TCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands