New 2008 TCH

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 12:04 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up New 2008 TCH

Hey all!

I'm in my second week of ownership and so far I love it! Averaging around 35mpg at the moment, but learning how to achieve better from all the great info here. Did have a cracked windshield replaced already with the proper accoustic noise reduction version. I've yet to have anyone ride with me who hasn't stated how much they like it. Even the doomsayers in my group of friends have been eating they're words. Anyway, just wanted to say hey!

Robb

Last edited by To D Lake; 11-28-2007 at 06:23 AM.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New 2008 TCH

hello and welcome to GreenHybrid!

Congrats on your purchase!!

Old 11-19-2007, 07:50 AM
Dazed and Confused

In response to your doomsdayers, I work at a commercial construction company, and there are a few coworkers that are thinking about getting a TCH. That is big considering none of us are considered card carrying green peace individuals.

We all love our trucks, and all go hunting as much as possible, but we also like to save a bit at the pump.

One got a econo box yaris or something, and is pissed he gets worse mileage than I do.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by ag4ever
In response to your doomsdayers, I work at a commercial construction company, and there are a few coworkers that are thinking about getting a TCH. That is big considering none of us are considered card carrying green peace individuals.

We all love our trucks, and all go hunting as much as possible, but we also like to save a bit at the pump.

One got a econo box yaris or something, and is pissed he gets worse mileage than I do.
Wouldn't a Prius be more practical b/c of its fold-flat rear seats?

Old 11-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: New 2008 TCH

Yeah, that's it, a Prius3 with all-terrain tires, lift kit, off-road lights! By the way, just came in from a 85 mile loop of client drop-offs and according to the ECO, I stayed above 42mpg the whole time! Man, what a difference from the Wrangler (15mpg)...

Robb

Old 11-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Old Boomer Techie
Cool Re: New 2008 TCH

Originally Posted by To D Lake
Yeah, that's it, a Prius3 with all-terrain tires, lift kit, off-road lights! By the way, just came in from a 85 mile loop of client drop-offs and according to the ECO, I stayed above 42mpg the whole time! Man, what a difference from the Wrangler (15mpg)...

Robb
If you can get 42 now, just wait till Summer. Your gonna love it!

Old 11-20-2007, 06:11 AM
Dazed and Confused

Originally Posted by Tideland Prius
Wouldn't a Prius be more practical b/c of its fold-flat rear seats?
More practiclal yes, but I am still one of those doomsdayer who does not want to be seen as an over the top hybrid owner. I like the camry because it is a semi stealth hybrid.

But then again, I still have a truck for real work. if there is anything I really need to flod the seats flat like in a prius, I would just rather put it in the bed of the truck.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by ag4ever
More practiclal yes, but I am still one of those doomsdayer who does not want to be seen as an over the top hybrid owner. I like the camry because it is a semi stealth hybrid.

But then again, I still have a truck for real work. if there is anything I really need to flod the seats flat like in a prius, I would just rather put it in the bed of the truck.
ohh ok. Wasn't aware you had a truck.

haha.. yeah sometimes I wish I had a stealthier car.. mostly to get the morons off my tail but other times I don't mind the fact that it's basically an icon or a rep for hybrid technology.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by To D Lake
Hey all!

I'm in my second week of ownership and so far I love it! Averaging around 35mpg at the moment, but learning how to achieve better from all the great info here. Did have the windshield replaced already (rock on day 2) with the proper accoustic noise reduction version. I've yet to have anyone ride with me who hasn't stated how much they like it. Even the doomsayers in my group of friends have been eating they're words. Anyway, just wanted to say hey!

Robb
Being your car is new I may have some advice. Easy on the brakes when stopping. Look ahead, it's easy to do. Try driving at 45 to 50 miles per hour. When in town I drive 38 to 39 miles per hour always using the cruise. Pull off the cruise when you see a red light ahead. By the way, the TCH cruise works all the way down to 25 miles per hour.

The break-in instructions say don't drive at a steady speed. With the TCH being a CVT (no shifting) the engine varies some at most all speeds. You will note the engine will shut off more after a few thousand miles as it breaks-in. Your gas mileage should improve around 5000 miles or at your first oil change. You bet, this is one great car.

Last edited by rburt07; 11-21-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:58 AM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: New 2008 TCH

Thanks for the info and the replys! I am figuring things out pretty quickly and yesterday made a 107 mile loop between Cincinnati and Wilmington that the display told me was 46.9 mpg! I am loving this!

Robb

Quick Reply: New 2008 TCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands