New Owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default New Owner

Picked up my Alpine White TCH with Leather, Sunroof and Nav today. The dealer had a couple of nice surprises for me. I did not order the mud guards or wheel locks, but they were on the car when I picked it up. In Canada they are ~ $140 option. I also got the original radio, some "Toyota" washer fluid and touchup paint.

The one thing I did not get was a trunk carpet mat. Can other Canadain (particularly BC) owners sound in on whether they received a carpeted trunk mat.

Thanks

Old 07-21-2007, 07:16 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New Owner

Originally Posted by beng
Picked up my Alpine White TCH with Leather, Sunroof and Nav today. The dealer had a couple of nice surprises for me. I did not order the mud guards or wheel locks, but they were on the car when I picked it up. In Canada they are ~ $140 option. I also got the original radio, some "Toyota" washer fluid and touchup paint.

The one thing I did not get was a trunk carpet mat. Can other Canadain (particularly BC) owners sound in on whether they received a carpeted trunk mat.

Thanks
Congrats on your new TCH. I am in Ontario and all TCH ( at least here)come with mud guards as standard. It shows as an option in the brochure but that is a misprint. I also thought my dealer gave me wheel locks but he told me they come from the factory but are installed by the dealer on the PDI. Nice touch on the other items though. I did not know you could get nav in Canada unless it was a dealer installed option. In the trunk all I have is the liner matrial that covers the spare tire.

Old 07-21-2007, 08:43 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Congrats! Happy Motoring!

Old 07-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks guys, loving the car so far, I think I spent more time in it parked than driving it figuring out the NAV and other features Things like programming the garage door opener, radio stations, mic gain, and so forth. One thing that I did not noticed when I test drove the car is the lack of highs in the stereo. Has anyone added any tweeters or have the specs for the speakers?

Last edited by beng; 07-21-2007 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:16 PM

There should be tweeters. I tested the TCH again at the Toyota Hybrid Tour. When I was in the back, I felt that the speakers were fairly clear but didn't notice any treble...

Old 07-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Did you find the audio options. Make sure the treble is set to 100%. The bass set to full might sound to strong. Most treble comes from the front speakers. The bass usually from the back. I'm not sure if the rear speakers include a tweeter or not. I have not received my car as yet. I will have a good listen when it comes in next week.

I find most new cars I buy have the bass/treble aways set to mid-range.

Last edited by rburt07; 07-21-2007 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have set the audio settings as follows; Treble 100%, Mid Range in the Middle and Base +2. These were the settings I had in Murano and they seem to work the best in this car too. But I still think it lacks the highs. Has anyone out there done any speaker mods or know of someone that has. I does not have to be TCH specific, could be an 07 XLE too.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:15 AM

The tweeters are in the rear with the rear full range speakers.

The front doors are 6x9 woofers and the ones on the dashboard are midrange (which is odd.. cause usually they're tweeters, right?).

Apparently, this unit uses JBL's Distributed Subwoofer System (DSS), similar to what BOSE has in the new G35. This means, instead of having a dedicated subwoofer speaker, the 4 speakers (door + rear) can receive the woofer signal and are capable of reproducing the lows well.

This is probably the best that I can do explaining it given my limited knowledge of audio equipment.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:20 PM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

beng — All four speakers (L/R and F/B) have both tweeters and woofers. The front mid/tweeters are right by the windshield, which is the correct place to prevent interference between the direct sound and windshield reflections. The rear speakers have the tweeters mounted inside the woofer cones. In my opinion (I'm in electro-acoustic research), the sound is pretty neutral with the controls set in the middle ('0' in my non-NAV). It's by far the most neutral car sound that I've owned. There's no lack of highs (they're just not exaggerated), but there's perhaps a bit too much mid-bass. If you prefer to boost both the bass and treble settings, you are definitely not looking for neutrality in the reproduction.

Stan

Old 07-23-2007, 08:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

Tanks SPL, I've not tried it with all 3 settings at 0 yet. I'll give it a try. Although, my preference is boot the treble and basse a bit.

Quick Reply: New Owner

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands